What should be done with faulty Power supply (out of warranty)

mechmax

Disciple
I have 3 old gigabyte 650 w SMSP which is out of warranty and getting space consuming in store room .what should be done with them. are they repairable at (reasonable cost)?
If not repairable then and good recycling option ?

Hi mechmax,
if you dont mind me asking, what is the problem with the smps? knowing the problem might help in determining if its worth fixing, and also I am not sure on this but check if there is any local electronics hobby group, they might be interested in turning it into a bench power supply for hobby use.

Regards

B.life.thank for the reply.

Currently i am out of town for few days . Sure gonna reply ones back at home with more details/pictures/error.

Here in my city, there are computer repair shops which repair SMPS, motherboards, etc. You can look for such shops in your area. If price is good enough for you, you can get it repaired, otherwise sell it as e-waste.

My friend just got his old SMPS repaired for 350 Rs. One chip had gone bad which was replaced. The SMPS was in warranty when it went bad, but that time it was lockdown and so could not get it replaced unfortunately.

i also have one corsair rmx650 lying around.only one green thermister is blown from where i can get it? any idea
anyone repairing psu in nehru place? i can send it there
regards

Some senior member, who have good reparing experience may like to share details here that would be great for new members. Even if any consolidated indipandent repair shop would be graet for all membet

Local PC hardware stores sends mobo and other parts to delhi for repairs.Delhi is not far if someone knew good mechanic in nehru place that would have been of great help.

That's what i am looking for, Good realible and proven contacts ,even if it is in Delhi/Mumbai.

In past i have given local reputed technicians some motherboard and smps. But they was not able to repair. I don't blame them ,may be repair was not feasible.
But if someone pro repair technicians is there than mobo like Am3 sabertooth 990. Can be brought back to life

I have contact numbers of a shop in nehru place But they are not picking up phone.They also have good mechanics will let you know if i am able to contact them.
Regards

Back