Audio What speakers do you guys use?

Using some old F&D stereo speakers. They are louder than laptop speakers but very little bass. Got it for 200 bucks lol.

The volume rocker wasn't working properly as it was rusted. Gave it a good scrubbing with alcohol and that fixed it. Might get a Creative 2.1 speaker later, if I don't get a decent headphone.

Currently using F&D F550X, bought in March 2016.

Audio is great, but it only has RCA input, which is a pain. Currently using a cheap Optical to RCA adapter to connect it to my TV, but volume level with this adapter is very low. Most of the time, I use it at near full volume in my tiny Mumbai apartment.

When I bought it, my TV also had only RCA out and they anyway bundle a 3.5mm to RCA cable. So it was fine. Now with my smart TV, connectivity options not being there is annoying.

Using Elac Debut B5.2 fronts, C5.2 center, O4.2 as surrounds, and Micca M8-C as ceiling speakers. Building an Atmos setup. Now the only missing part is a good Subwoofer.
Connected the speakers to Yamaha V6A AVR, which is connected to my main PC, android box and a mini HTPC.

Just using the front speakers is a bliss as far as my very untrained ears are concerned. Hopefully, the sub will complete the full experience of movie watching.

• Circle Arko AKA Microlab Solo 6c Bookshelves.
    Have got both the 100W and 80W variants in different rooms.
  • F&D T80U tower speakers.
  • But I primarily use LG SH4(free with LG OLED) & SH5 soundbars just for sheer convenience/connectivity.
  • I regret selling my Altec Lansing VS3251.

Sony HT-Z9F with the wireless rear speakers for the Sony TV.
With the desktop, I was using the Bose Companion 3 for more than 10 years till it conked off last year. Now using the JBL 104s which I bought in the FK sale paired with a Mackie CR8S-XBT sub.
The Bose speakers were my first serious audio purchase. When I took the demo at the Kolkata City Center Bose Store, I decided then and there I gotta have this ..my dad cringed when he heard the cost but then complimented me on the purchase when he listened to it for the first time. I miss them now, sigh..

I'm using QAcoustics 2020i with Marantz PM5005 for PC and a QAcoustics 3010i, 2000Ci with Wharfedale PC12+ subwoofer driven by an aging RX-V475 for HT in a 3.1 configuration. Plan was to merge both the systems into a single one, but that is still on my to-do list.

HT Setup :
Taga Harmony TAV 606 SE speaker pakage + Taga Harmony Platinum SW 10 V2 subwoofer. These are powered by Yamaha RX-V685. (Damage : 1.15L)
This is my main setup. Yet to add the atmos speakers.
It keeps me satisfied! (I do still have the itch to upgrade to dual sub setup :p)

Desktop :
LG LH70 (Damage : None :D)
This I rarely use, I got these free with an LG TV around 6-7 years ago.

Last edited:
Believe it or not - Creative SBS 370 - over 12 years now! Over the years - I've seen and heard may other 2.1 units - including several from Creative itself subsequent to this set - but I've always found myself appreciating my set more! It's by far probably the best vfm investment in gadgets/peripherals I've ever made!

After all these years - they're still immensely enjoyable!

Believe it or not - Creative SBS 370 - over 12 years now! Over the years - I've seen and heard may other 2.1 units - including several from Creative itself subsequent to this set - but I've always found myself appreciating my set more! It's by far probably the best vfm investment in gadgets/peripherals I've ever made!

Creative SBS A300 was the first 2.1 speaker we bought at home. I don't remember when, but my best guess would be 2006. It was really good, we were blown away by the quality.

Unfortunately the build quality was not up to the mark. The volume knob developed issues in 2 years and I stopped getting sound on the left speaker. Used it like that for a few years at home, then I moved out and got myself an F&D F550X.

Over the years, I saw at least 3 friends of mine with creative speakers which had developed the exact same problem. Given how often Creative was recommended in 2005-2010 and how little it is recommended now, I guess it was a fairly common problem which they failed to fix.

ahahaha, i guess my atp3s would beat yours then, they're easily around 20+ years running, a friend who had borrowed them at one point when i was out of india, changed the transformer to a local one when it blew, but otherwise it's still running decently!

Back