What speeds are you seeing on Jio?

I use Jio 4G as my primary ISP (yea Internet services are that bad in my area).
Don't have any major complaints since I don't go overboard with my downloads.

But reading about the speeds other people are getting (~30mbps) made me sit up and take notice.
I rarely get over 8mbps and that is after 12am. And most of the time during the day it hovers around 3mbps.

Can fellow Jio users post some speedtests? Also specify which device you are using.

This is what I get with JioFi 3 device:

6703829107.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1507923238][/DOUBLEPOST]After 12am:

6704657603.png

Last edited:
In Delhi + Noida, I was not even getting 1mbps in day time.
At a particular locations in Delhi not even 20kbps.
Thats Jio.
After complaining for 4 months, I removed the SIM.
In my experience, their service level has gone down drastically.

I use JioFi3 and I rarely get 30+ mbps. Its totally random and most of the time its hovers between 8-14 mbps. Hyderabad btw.

Inside the home I get a miserable 30-50 KBPS download speed on Jio. But just moving to balcony takes the speed to 4-10 MBPS.
Outside the home it depends on the area. Overall, if i have to pick a number to summarize I'd say 5MBPS.

I guess I am not any better or worse off than most people.
It's strange how uploads are always so fast though, it's not as if they are handled by a separate network.

Can't really complain for 250/- a month.
Do wish they'd remove the 2gb per day limit and just give 60gb per month...

I guess I am not any better or worse off than most people.
It's strange how uploads are always so fast though, it's not as if they are handled by a separate network.

Can't really complain for 250/- a month.
Do wish they'd remove the 2gb per day limit and just give 60gb per month...

Uploads will always be faster, since most people download more vs upload. Thats why many ISPs limit downloads vs uploads, and charge a premium for uploads in name of leased line.

I am curious, do uploads use some separate part of the link? After all, uploads are just downloads for the other end of the link.

Assuming inconsistent download speeds are due to network load, it should affect uploads too right? Since all data passes through the same connection, be it To or Fro.

I am curious, do uploads use some separate part of the link? After all, uploads are just downloads for the other end of the link.

Assuming inconsistent download speeds are due to network load, it should affect uploads too right? Since all data passes through the same connection, be it To or Fro.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contention_ratio
Since most users do not upload heavy content, the uplink channel is much free than the downlink channel. Btw, these channels are between nodes not between your device and the node.

In Delhi + Noida, I was not even getting 1mbps in day time.
At a particular locations in Delhi not even 20kbps.
Thats Jio.
After complaining for 4 months, I removed the SIM.
In my experience, their service level has gone down drastically.
Exactly same experience in south delhi.
For the past two months i cannot even make a call properly for 2 mintues.
I have called them multiple times and they always say that it will DEFINITELY be fixed in 6 hours and their team will call me.
Nothing happens and they don't call neither.
Meanwhile when you go to shit places like greater noida or gurgaon and you get minimum 8mbps.
Won't be paying them after my validity expires next month.

I use Idea for calls. Jio is for the sole purpose of Internet, it has practically become my main ISP now.

Gonna bite their 360 gb for 1 year plan @ Rs.4999/-.
Should do ok for my purposes even if it gets used up in 6 months at which point I can recharge again, but damn I hope they introduce better data plans than that next year.

I use Idea for calls. Jio is for the sole purpose of Internet, it has practically become my main ISP now.

Gonna bite their 360 gb for 1 year plan @ Rs.4999/-.
Should do ok for my purposes even if it gets used up in 6 months at which point I can recharge again, but damn I hope they introduce better data plans than that next year.
Don't go for long term plans. Jio is famous for announcing out-of-the-blue plans with catchy options, to tackle other telcos.

Back