All OS What Tablet will be a good idea to buy!

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
What will be the best table for test case below:
1) Draw vector arts and images
2) Notes.
3) App demo, debug and testing (optional)
4) what else it can do that, I mean media usage.
5) Video editing if possible.

don't ask about budget as its not an issue based on VFM.

Samsung S series tablet for it's excellent display and the fact that it can also be used in a desktop environment with external display with proper aspect ratio suppport (Samsung Dex) and is very good for app developemnt and has ton of developer cententric features inbuilt in android. also you can sideload apps (I have a really old ipad and andriod and guess what, while the ipad is useless, I can side load new chrome certificates and boom back on the internet)

Ipad pro/air is also a good option with more or less same features but from the hardware to the software you have to pay more for it, also has long tearm software support from apple. Best for drawing due to tight software integration

Surface Pro lineup. Both 8 and 9 are fantastic but way overpriced in India. Source it from outside India if you can. Both Surface Pro 8 and 9 are amazing. Get the 16GB RAM variant with cheapest storage (i5 vs i7 does not matter much). You can upgrade SSD anyway.

Surface Pro lineup. Both 8 and 9 are fantastic but way overpriced in India. Source it from outside India if you can. Both Surface Pro 8 and 9 are amazing. Get the 16GB RAM variant with cheapest storage (i5 vs i7 does not matter much). You can upgrade SSD anyway.
I have the 16gb surface surface pro 8 and in my opinion the pen experience isn't that good. The 2230 ssd are also really difficult to find and expensive. Also on sale the total package burned a hole in my wallet worth 1.67L, it includes the tab and the combo pen and keyboard.

I think your existing ecosystem matters as well. If you are using Mac, ipad, its accesories and its applications integrate nicely. Where as if the rest of your devices are in android/google, an android tab will integrate well with all google services.

Last edited:
Personally don’t see much difference performance wise between M1 & M2 IPad Pro,I would suggest get a M1 iPad Pro instead,you will have enough room to spend on pencil & other accessories.

I have the 16gb surface surface pro 8 and in my opinion the pen experience isn't that good. The 2230 ssd are also really difficult to find and expensive. Also on sale the total package burned a hole in my wallet worth 1.67L, it includes the tab and the combo pen and keyboard.
For me it's quite the opposite. The pen experience is the highlight of this tablet for me, after the excellent keyboard attachment. Granted, I am not using the $100 official Slim Pen 2 but a cheap Renaisser Raphael 530 stylus. The writing and drawing experience on my tablet is same, if not better, than that of my friends' iPad Pro. The current price on Amazon for the i7 variant with Pen and keyboard cover is 1.43L, altho I am not sure of the seller. An iPad Pro with a Pencil + Magic Keyboard stand will not be much cheaper, whilst losing out on crucial functionality (see below)
Tha main reason I am suggesting a Surface over an iPad is because of
Not sure how much app demo, debugging and testing you can do on an iPad. Plus, for video editing, nothing really beats the ease of a proper computer. Biggest advantage of a computer over Surface is full MS Office support for me, as I can use Excel, apart from RStudio and Python.
But if these requirements are strictly optional and you can do without them, then an iPad may well be better. If the requirements are mainly 1) and 2), then an iPad Air will also more than suffice; I don't see the point of spending more for a Pro for that

As for things that it can do other than media consumption: it's a tablet, it will do whatever you want it to. Writing, media consumption, handling emails etc

What will be the best table for test case below:
1) Draw vector arts and images
2) Notes.
4) what else it can do that, I mean media usage.

don't ask about budget as its not an issue based on VFM.
Go with Android tab like S8+ etc.
Or.
Go with iPad pro.

Surface i don't recommend, I used to pitch a lot for that kind of functionality but somehow the processor software battery mix doesn't do justice!!

I stopped surface recommendation
If small icons.
Non tablet optimised interface is ok then go for it.

Battery also will not be reliable. Standby drain etc etc. Long term reliability of battery life will be an issue too.
Resale also very poor.

Though when it works or when you know your software mix and then bought the surface it wil be a match made in heaven

Back