All OS What Tablet you use and for what all purposes?

raksrules

Elite
This thread gave me the idea to open the current thread. Would love to hear from folks here as to what tablet(s) they have and what is their use case of the tablet. Let me start myself..

1. Amazon Fire 7 - This is a 7 Inch tablet which I use for my office commutes to watch TV shows and movies. I have long commute and this helps me pass my time in office bus. It is not even HD so Netflix etc. does not play in HD / Full HD but since I usually download all the stuff directly on the tablet (using Flud as torrent tool), I can easily watch 720p stuff (struggles a little with 1080p). I use nplayer to watch all offline videos.
  2. Amazon Fire HD 10 - I bought this tablet while I was in US alone for a year (in 2018). Since I knew I would be coming to India within one year, I had started selling off my stuff and in that sold my TV too. This Tablet was bought to replace my TV and it is still serving me. Great Full HD Screen. Videos looks nice. Sometimes gets slow, so I restart it. Currently, my son also uses it for his Online Classes. Packs a punch for the $80 price I got back in 2018.
  3. iPad 2 - Bought this back in 2012 and it still works but home button is sort of not fully working and tablet is slow as well with iOS 9. Currently it is used as a dedicated Wall Clock. I don't expect getting much selling it so repurposing it as wall clock.

i use second hand buy Xiaomi Mipad 1st Gen, for reading purpose only. epubs, pdf etc.. battery hold for 7 days even with reading 2hrs a day. screen is still better than other same gen tablets.

Tab S3 : Browsing stuff, some idle note taking, sometimes streaming music, and for a couple of work specific apps, and some phone calls (pvt. number)

Tab S4 : Work device. Note taking, evaluating papers, marking up notes, drawing, and general stuff including marking up pdfs, and planning.

Tab S6: Primary device for note taking, note keeping, annotating, and preparing material for writing (I write and publish books) and companion device while taking sessions, presenting stuff on air.

iPad Pro 12.9: Primarily as a backup device for the tab, in case the tab fails and I need to get some work done. Not as flexible as the android devices, but wanted to check out the ios system once again after iPadOS came out.

Other tablets that are used on an off, Surface 6, Tab S2 8.0, and random lenovo tabs for work social media accounts and general stuff including some calls.

Galaxy A7 tab with Belkin Bluetooth Keyboard: This was a great purchase. Since I do not have a second monitor at home, the tab is being used for the same purpose. It's mainly used to monitor some stock charts during the day and putting in orders which frees up the laptop for office work.

I also read a lot of ebooks on this device (using kindle subscription for android).

It has 4 really loud speakers so I also use it for binge watching Netflix during bed time before I sleep.

Fire HD10 - Mom for streaming TV because dad hogs the main one all the time
Lenovo Tab V7 #1 - for sister for reading ebooks
Lenovo Tab V7 #2 - for mom for whatsapp, browsing, regular TV. Her primary tab. Had a Nexus 2012 which began showing its age a few years ago, was replaced by a Tab 3 essential which started crapping out regularly, and the service guys bailed on it once the warranty was over.
iPad Pro - from an assortment of iDevices Provided by employer for Work (for iOS web development. You can't pay me enough to make me use them IRL)

Tab S3 : Browsing stuff, some idle note taking, sometimes streaming music, and for a couple of work specific apps, and some phone calls (pvt. number)

Tab S4 : Work device. Note taking, evaluating papers, marking up notes, drawing, and general stuff including marking up pdfs, and planning.

Tab S6: Primary device for note taking, note keeping, annotating, and preparing material for writing (I write and publish books) and companion device while taking sessions, presenting stuff on air.

iPad Pro 12.9: Primarily as a backup device for the tab, in case the tab fails and I need to get some work done. Not as flexible as the android devices, but wanted to check out the ios system once again after iPadOS came out.

Other tablets that are used on an off, Surface 6, Tab S2 8.0, and random lenovo tabs for work social media accounts and general stuff including some calls.
How is the android app compatibility? Does most of the apps opens in small screen like a phone screen inside the tablet or they open for the entire width and breadth of the tablet screen?

How is the android app compatibility? Does most of the apps opens in small screen like a phone screen inside the tablet or they open for the entire width and breadth of the tablet screen?
Not as bad as everyone makes it seem. I haven't had any issues so far. Even the Instagram app which opens in an awkward mini window on the ipad makes full use of the screen in the Tab S6.

And the way OneUI handles multiwindow apps is fantastic. It is akin to what Windows does, but with the added features of transparency and bubbles.

All these without needing to go into Dex.

Back