What the hell is going on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
This basically means, if I ever apply for an Indian citizenship ( as I was born here) it will be rejected and completely ignored.
I'm no expert in laws, but can a country treat common people born in that same country like this?
Karl is not Indian, but he's married to an Indian. Anybody knows, what does the law/ constitution say?
Though we have no plans of returning and settling in India in near future, but who knows, may be after 15-20 years we may want to spend our last few years together in India.
If there are laws in India against it, we won't be able to do anything. Anybody aware of such law?
Ofcourse we don't have any criminal record or anything of that kind. Just a normal average Indian who got citizenship of some European country after getting married to an European and working there.

Last edited:
I haven't watched the video but I read about it in the newspaper and the reason given for him being blacklisted was that he was allegedly conducting business by making YouTube videos for revenue on a tourist visa. Now I think that is a pretty stupid reason to ban someone especially since he is married to an Indian but it is still a reason nonetheless. So as long as you don't break any laws, however stupid they might be, you should be fine.

Making money from YouTube while on tourist visa!!??
What about the travel vlogs etc.?
I'm not even subscribed to his channel, but know him from a long time through some India specific travel forum.
And he's a very decent person and I'm certain he doesn't have any criminal charges.
This is so strange and sad..a completely innocent person can't visit his wife.
The way things are going, a day will come when it will be illegal for an Indian to marry someone from other countries.

I am sure it must be related to him visiting Pakistan back and forth, although I don't follow his vlogs.

What's the problem with visiting Pakistan? We went to Afghanistan ( for work mostly though) and it's a beautiful country with great people.

Sorry to say @quaratineinthesejeans why most of your post shows hatred against India, Indian laws, Politcians atleast do you home work before jumping on conclusions he voilated the terms which he was not allowed to do under the tourist visa. First one happened in 2016 after this he voilated the rules 2 more occasion, Indian gov was generous enough that they banned him for a year that took them 5 years to do.... Imagine what if he was in America remember Shahrukh khan he was detained for over 24 hours at the immigration just coz they thought his name is very familiar.

Sorry to say @quaratineinthesejeans why most of your post shows hatred against India, Indian laws, Politcians atleast do you home work before jumping on conclusions he voilated the terms which he was not allowed to do under the tourist visa. First one happened in 2016 after this he voilated the rules 2 more occasion, Indian gov was generous enough that they banned him for a year that took them 5 years to do.... Imagine what if he was in America remember Shahrukh khan he was detained for over 24 hours at the immigration just coz they thought his name is very familiar.
Whats not to hate about Indian politicians and laws? lol

The question is does making videos for youtube and making money from it considered as work? What if monetization is turned off on those videos is then legal? Government can interpret it any which way they want. After all in India these days you are guilty unless proven otherwise.

Dude used to post great videos. Promoted tourism in a big way, in the sense that foreigners got a real taste and probably better prepared to come. All the haters are just bhakts that dont like him protesting against CAA. Sure they'll give you various random reasons, but you know how bhakts are slimy ******** (I starred it myself).

This has nothing to do with business. Its the anti-CAA thing that gets this govt spooked.

Wow. So you can come here, call anyone any name but have no justification to back it up.
Yes it's my opinion, tolerate it. There are always 2 sides of everything.

You can do some candle march for him on India Gate. I am pretty sure there are enough masala movie watching Indians who may come along.

This has nothing to do with business. Its the anti-CAA thing that gets this govt spooked.

Wow. So you can come here, call anyone any name but have no justification to back it up.
I did see some of his videos and thought they were very interesting. What has he got to do with CAA? Why should he protest? As a foreigner on tourist visa he has no right to protest. I think he is lucky that the govt did put him behind bars for anti-CAA protests.

I not supporting the govt banning him though.

You cant tolerate a guy, who does his thing without any harm to anyone and is extremely popular for it.
But we should tolerate your BS opinions. LMAO
You are welcome to start a political party and form a government instead of crying on forums like these.

Why are you wasting your otherwise so precious time here, could have been a PM or something by now.

Is there any video showing he was supporting anti-caa protests? Was he seen shouting or supporting anti-India slogans or anti-Caa protests? Could it have been that he visited the site out of curiosity as such protests are pretty common in other countries, but slowly becoming a rarity in India. If someone has any video, please do share it.
Did the govt actually do an interrogation with Karl before coming to this conclusion?
There are more questions than answers here.
The law in India clearly states culprit is presumed innocent till he is proven guilty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back