What the hell is going on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a person on tourist visa has no business being around protests and these laws are there for a reason irrespective of the country.
I could wear a mask and join the yellow vests in France or the umbrella movement in Hong Kong, shield my identity by wearing a bandana/mask and instigate/provoke/initiate violent behavior by being an agent provocateur for vested interests that may be detrimental to both the cause for the protests as well as the law & order situation.

It's not just bhakt vs. non-bhakt again as this thread is already derailing into.

Anybody aware of such law?

The current government has been extremely hostile in this regard, the previous government was very accommodating. I expect things to revert once the current government falls out of favour.

why most of your post shows hatred against India, Indian laws, Politcians

All three of those things are completely different from one another and should not be mistaken for one or the other.

Laws are amended or abrogated on a regular basis, regardless of country. The demographic changes, younger generations come into positions of authority and do away with laws enacted upon by the older generation. India in particular is a young country politically, and the laws will remain a mess for the next few generations. Incidents like this person's situation help bring awareness to changes that need to be made. Just because something is a law now, doesn't mean it will remain a law, unchallenged, until the end of time. And it is perfectly acceptable to criticize a law, while still respecting the fact it is currently a law.

Politicians by nature, are self centered. It's how you become one. No social service worker will have any chance of becoming a politician. You need to be motivated by greed and power. And when you're one, you do a little good every now and then, to appease the masses. I hope no one actually believes that such people should be praised, idolized or worshiped. Politicians exist to be criticized. This is why it always seems like only the bad people remain in power and all the good people disappear from the spotlight.

We all love India, and it is perfectly normal to love a country while disliking it's politicians and laws.

remember Shahrukh khan he was detained for over 24 hours

It was one and a half hour the first time, and two hours the next two times. And the US Government issued an apology: https://variety.com/2016/film/asia/shah-rukh-khan-detained-by-u-s-immigration-again-1201836329/

The only apology the current government has ever given was the non-apology allowing Apple to ignore the new IT rules because not doing so would jeopardize Apple's investment plans for India.

Sorry to say @quaratineinthesejeans why most of your post shows hatred against India, Indian laws, Politcians atleast do you home work before jumping on conclusions...
I'm sorry if my post sounded offensive. But what made you think I hate India (yet someday want to come back)?
What rule did Karl break? What kind of warning did he receive?
I left India only in 2015 and things were not like these.
Anyway, didn't want to get into political discussions again ( as I don't understand much)
But wanted to know about rules/ laws about Indian citizenship.

I am happy that parasites like him are banned forever.
What!?
What kind of parasitic activities did you observe in his videos? Don't be so judgemental man!!
People seem to forget the large number of Indians living and working in Europe (don't know much about US / Canada as I never lived there beyond few weeks) are very difficult to tolerate even for an Indian like me.
They are not only disrespectful to the local culture but are obnoxious in every way.
You possibly haven't seen much of drunk Indians in streets of Amsterdam/ London/ Praha/ Budapest...basically everywhere.
Karl is married to an Indian, doesn't it give him some rights legally?
This is not about politics/ any political party. But the constitution of India.
In Czech Republic/ Slovakia, there are very specific laws about the rights of an individual who marries a Czech/Slovak citizen. Same in Germany, Poland etc.

I did see some of his videos and thought they were very interesting. What has he got to do with CAA? Why should he protest? As a foreigner on tourist visa he has no right to protest. I think he is lucky that the govt did put him behind bars for anti-CAA protests.

I not supporting the govt banning him though.
I have not seen the video but from what I have heard (please correct me if I am wrong), he was covering the protests and interviewing the protestors, which technically doesn't amount to protesting. He has a large viewer base and the govt really doesn't want any non-propaganda media to cover the protests or display the opinions of the protestors.

You are welcome to start a political party and form a government instead of crying on forums like these.

Why are you wasting your otherwise so precious time here, could have been a PM or something by now.
Why should I start a political party? You're offering your opinions without starting one.

Mod edit: Please avoid personal attacks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back