What to Shop from Singapore/Malaysia?

bodmas

Adept
Nov 4, 2006
Amritsar,Punjab
Hello Friends!
I am flying to Singapore/Malaysia soon. So, please suggest me what to Buy from Singapore/Malaysia. Also advise me some good shops over there. Over google i found a shop named MUSTAFA 24 Hours Shop in Singapore [:: Mustafa Online ::]. Any reviews regarding it. Suggestion and advises are welcomed.
Thanks

amd999

Adept
Nov 17, 2009
Mustafa is an indian origin , and now he is a little bill gate !!! go for Sim lim square in Singapore. For Malasia just the capital city is the best.

swordfish123

Adept
Aug 23, 2007
Bangalore/Korea
Mustaffa is a huge maze of any product you can imagine. From gold to groceries to chaddi banniyan to electronic items. I wouldn't call it cheap. With the rising SGD price i think you can get the same here for a much cheaper price.

Electronic items in Funnan, Sim Lim square are also expensive. Better spend the same money on food and drinks :)

SoulFire

Skilled
Oct 22, 2005
in malaysia the times square, the sungei wang plaza and low yat plaza for all electronics stuff, others are overrated or not worth it. Buy whatever u like obviously, lots to see and do.

WildSpirit

Disciple
Aug 10, 2007
Bangalore
Sim lim square is not recomended unless you know the price of item very well. There have been lots of instances of tourists and even locals being ripped off.
Would recommend Funan Digital Mall.

What to buy:
1. Watches (Citizen, Casio G-shock, Seiko, Alba, Orient ) from Watch Fashion Pte Ltd, Chinatown, SNG.
2. DSLR, Lenses, Tripods, ballheads etc from TK Foto, John 3:16, MS Color, Cathay Photo.
3. LCD/LED TV
4. Other electronics.

Again, watch out, due to the recent hike in SGD value, not all items may be cheap compared to India..

Arun.P

Warning: Do Not Trade
Skilled
Jul 24, 2007
also your can vist low yat plaza and some shopping list at Mid valley which it has more than 10000 shopping huge list stuff