What to use for simple dust cleaning?

What should I use to clean dust off my PC components?

• NIKAVI ECC Electrical Contact Cleaner

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Pidilite WD-40

• Jakmister 600 W

• Other

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Haha...

But how is cover practical with so much heat produced inside. Also most of the time pc is on...I am sure atleast 7-8 hrs is minimum people would be running their computers daily which is enough to invite lot of dust.
Covers were a thing in those days when there was no lateral cooling or front intake etc. These days we have fans taking in/pushing out air from all possible directions.

I mostly use a long paintbrush for dust and toothbrush with alcohol for hardened dust.

I also put a plastic sheet on my rig when not in use since I only use pc < 5-6 hrs. I still have to clean every week or two and it costs pretty much nothing. If I were running 24/7, I'd consider getting air filteration system.

Last edited:
IPA and special cotton buds for electronics, that's what we used to use in the broadcast industry abroad, you'll need to check if the buds are available in India. They should be, we used to purchase from RS Components.

IPA and special cotton buds for electronics, that's what we used to use in the broadcast industry abroad, you'll need to check if the buds are available in India. They should be, we used to purchase from RS Components.
Like this ?

Has a longer handle with a thicker bud.

You can DIY that with loose cotton and looping a thin filament around a broomstick :)

Last edited:
Back