What toys do you still play with?

raksrules

Elite
Although most of us are adults here and many even in their 30s and 40s. But still as they, there is a child in each one of us. So even at your age, what toys do you still play with? And this is not like playing with your kid but by yourself.

To start, i like to make lego so whatever limited lego i have, I use and make the models as per the instructions.

I grew up playing with hotwheels and what not brand die casts and this hobby was lost for a brief period of 15yrs and just few yrs ago it sparked off again and here I"m collecting on regular basis.
Sadly AE ban has affected my collection a lot and as always India sucks for hobbyists like me. Whatever is released abroad only appears here after 2-3yrs down when it already becomes stale there.
And whatever is available in plenty is in US/UK for $10 stuff, who pays 35$ import price and not to forget our chor custom people who will loot you more. So imports are No NO!

+They are too costly for their sizes etc. in fact 3k for a collectors edition car Hotwheels in India so of course cannot afford even though I can/ actually no logic spending a grand on the name of premium where its original cost is mere 600 bucks etc.
So somehow managing requesting on the net and here and there..

Illiterates make fun as they feel toys are only for kids but I mercy such idiots and dead people :finger:who got no real life & can never understand the craze...

To add I also played a lot of legos as a kid. Making stuff, building blocks, I remember I constructed a bus combining 2 lego sets with proper door entrance and tyres etc. until my younger brother obviously destroyed it for something to create for himself!

I pity todays kid generation..pure waste, boring and crap! Just glued to their phones, laptops or xboxes! Becoming couch potatoes!

Last edited:
Almost all the toys I couldn't afford as a child...I've a 5 year old, and that helps. Laugh at my expense, I really don't mind, really love those very basic remote controlled cars ( even the kid doesn't find them interesting) but I never had one as a kid.

When I was a kid, I had one remote control car but it was different as in the remote would only make a clicking sound and say I press it once, the car would go forward and click again and it would loop around in reverse. I guess it was not like today's remote controls cars where you have a playstation like joystick.

When I was a kid, I had one remote control car but it was different as in the remote would only make a clicking sound and say I press it once, the car would go forward and click again and it would loop around in reverse. I guess it was not like today's remote controls cars where you have a playstation like joystick.
Remote cars was a premium thing back then and we couldn't afford it such were those days! Years down dad bought one for my brother with the joystick thing.
Today mostly can afford any expensive collection but as said earlier, zero logic spending Ks and lacs in something which actually costs about 30% of the quoted price in India.

Last edited:
Was moving my mom from my childhood home to a new flat this weekend and got my 18+ year old Lego set back to my place. Still love it! (Wife was concerned about how happy I was playing with it :D )

Attachments

• IMG_20210702_193945_292.jpg
    IMG_20210702_193945_292.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 77
Those cars used to have a sound sensor. That was my first remote car as well. It also used to work when one would clap their hands, for the same reason.

Thought I was only one here, who didn't have anything but a very few basic toys ( often not even toys as such..discarded cardboard boxes etc.)
Now our kid has a room only for toys. Just realised I still love to play with cardboard boxes, making houses etc. with the kid and his friend ( a really talented baccha)...these are my personal favourite weekends.

Some toys as a child:
1. Taking two empty matchboxes folding the seams and binding them via a rubber band. It became a flip phone--like what we saw in the Star Trek of Sunday's 80's.
2. Chopping a tree branch with a "v". And making a slingshot using rubber strips and (again) rubber bands.
3. Five stones. (either you know this, or you do not).
4. String + "lattu". (top)
5. Frisbee.
6. Marbles -- for keeps.

Ironically, just yesterday my son grew out of Duplo --> LEGO. I had a blast. LEGO was a staple back then.

Some toys as a child:
1. Taking two empty matchboxes folding the seams and binding them via a rubber band. It became a flip phone--like what we saw in the Star Trek of Sunday's 80's.
2. Chopping a tree branch with a "v". And making a slingshot using rubber strips and (again) rubber bands.
3. Five stones. (either you know this, or you do not).
4. String + "lattu". (top)
5. Frisbee.
6. Marbles -- for keeps.

Ironically, just yesterday my son grew out of Duplo --> LEGO. I had a blast. LEGO was a staple back then.
Omg... brings back fond memories, especially the first two

1. Toy cars, helicopters planes etc.
2. Use to make bow and arrow from shehtoot tree and broom sticks and use to hone my bow and arrow skill.
3. Makin sling shot and try perfecting my aim.
4. Breifly started throwing knives.
5. I had to break each and evry toy and take out motors and leds and then play with them.
6. Video games.
7. BB pistols( yellow bullet, not so powerfull)
8. Once i tried to make a model handpump in my backyard. Spent so many days tym in that but didnt work out. But then i learned in and out of how a handpump is made how it works, importance of its parts etc. I was very young back then, may be third or 4th standard.
9. Making things out of clay( real clay soil, not todays clay)

these are few out of many things. Miss those days.
Now neighbor’s kids sometime come with there toys or with cardboard and glue to make something or the other.

Back