What was the first game you've bought?

GTA4 for Rs. 450 second hand from a member here back in 2008 or 09... Before that I used to get them you-know-what-way as I had just started my first job and didnt have enough money to buy games.. But, after this purchase (and my first promotion...:)), I started buying my games in retail or in steam or more recently thru Gamestop deals... Speaking of Gamestop deals there is a 50% off deal going on on many games. Also, there are more than 100 games that are available for under $10. I just bought Two worlds 2 for Rs. 523 yesterday as it is not available anywhere else in retail box. Here is the link:

Impulse Driven : Home : Digital Download Store, Latest Gaming News

GTA4 for Rs. 450 second hand from a member here back in 2008 or 09... Before that I used to get them you-know-what-way as I had just started my first job and didnt have enough money to buy games.. But, after this purchase (and my first promotion...:)), I started buying my games in retail or in steam or more recently thru Gamestop deals... Speaking of Gamestop deals there is a 50% off deal going on on many games. Also, there are more than 100 games that are available for under $10. I just bought Two worlds 2 for Rs. 523 yesterday as it is not available anywhere else in retail box. Here is the link:

Impulse Driven : Home : Digital Download Store, Latest Gaming News

it beats me why on earth would you buy a game that lauched for 499 (the first new gen game with ssuch competitive price tag on the launch) for 450 and is used instead of going for the new one :(

it beats me why on earth would you buy a game that lauched for 499 (the first new gen game with ssuch competitive price tag on the launch) for 450 and is used instead of going for the new one :(

Then I must have bought it for 250.... I dont really remember... But yeah you are right, if it was available for 499, then I would not have bought it for 450....lol..

GTA IV when it came out for Rs 500/-.

PS - Most folks here talking about NES cartridges, how sure are you that you had real NES's and not some knockoffs? :)

Hardcore!! i never thought TE harbored such "oldies"........i am just kidding.and yeah DID YOU GUYS REALLY HAVE AN NES??Also guys,i just remembered last night that total overdose wasn't the first game i bought lol,it was some mechwarrior type game back in 2003?dunno,and i couldn't install it because at that time i didn't know what "directory" meant so by mistake i kept on trying to install it on my CD rom drive and it kept on giving me an error,i thought the game was kaput.cheers.

the first game I bought was recoil. dont remember the year but I was too small to understanding anything about graphics but had played the game and completed it more than 5 times

^ I think he's trying to imply that we had all those Chinese knock off NES stuff. The ones that also came preloaded with games like Contra, Mario and Tetris.

Everyone prepare to feel really young because the first legit video game purchase I made was Frogger for the Atari 2600. Had to get a cousin to buy it from Dubai a year after she gifted me the 2600. To think I almost bought E.T the game! Dodged a bullet there.

I had SNES which was bought by my friends dad who used to work in Merchant Navy so getting things was easy

Legit NES owner her as well .. :)

Even though I bought a few knock offs consoles .. they kept dying while the NES kept going strong well into my teen years.

PS - Most folks here talking about NES cartridges, how sure are you that you had real NES's and not some knockoffs? :)

I've owned the authentic NES (which was the first console gifted to me by my mother during my 6th grade) and a knockoff later. But the knockoff would eventually fail and the gamepad connector would become loose. Besides, some of the cartridges wouldn't work with the NES and displays some artifacts on the screen although the cartridges would fit the slot.

Let me see if I can dig up that console from my stash when I go back home during my next vacation. Pretty sure a lot of them would have owned the original NES in the forums.

^ I think he's trying to imply that we had all those Chinese knock off NES stuff. The ones that also came preloaded with games like Contra, Mario and Tetris.

Oh I see! I have owned both of them. The first console I was gifted was the Atari 2600 black edition. The NES came later on. The Media Little Master a.k.a the knock-off became a part of the collection, much later. Those glorious days!

Back