What watch are you wearing today???

I got my Varchas a few days ago.

Attached message was posted in one of the discussion groups by the organizers. As expected, there was a backlash from most of the community, but it seems HMT doesn't care about a watch being limited edition or not. So if someone wants to grab it, this is the time.

Tagging those who had PM'ed me about the watch. @asingh @Arjan @Rednekol

View attachment 172762

Great, can you post how it looks.

Great, can you post how it looks.

Looks exactly as the sample images I had posted. Wears well on big wrists.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I got my Varchas a few days ago.

Attached message was posted in one of the discussion groups by the organizers. As expected, there was a backlash from most of the community, but it seems HMT doesn't care about a watch being limited edition or not. So if someone wants to grab it, this is the time.

Tagging those who had PM'ed me about the watch. @asingh @Arjan @Rednekol

View attachment 172762

Thanks for sharing :)

Don't get me wrong, but I didn't like the attitude of this Abhinand guy. Have talked to him twice, and already I do not want to get this watch!
Seems like he wants to keep the watch "exclusive" for a very select few people, and I am not much aligned with this idea; to each his own.

That said this watch looks nice!

Don't get me wrong, but I didn't like the attitude of this Abhinand guy. Have talked to him twice, and already I do not want to get this watch!
Seems like he wants to keep the watch "exclusive" for a very select few people, and I am not much aligned with this idea; to each his own.

Sorry to hear that. I've never directly spoken to him, so can't say much. Maybe he's hoping to build hype and flip the watches at a premium.

I have experienced this multiple times with collectors on limited-run project watches. It is done with the intention of keeping pieces limited and prices high.

There is no sense of a first-come-first-serve basis. Friends are often pulled in and put ahead of the queue.

Sorry for the slight OT, but I bought this single watch case from Amazon a few days ago. Design and quality is very good, though I don't know how well the leather would age. They claim to use real leather.

It's also available in black colour and a 3 watch case option as well.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

New HMT project to jump on the Chandrayaan bandwagaon. Dial looks ugly af though.

(Not associated with the organizers in any way)

5lha8pyhrzjb1.jpg

I am as well into modding watches, but I only mod in my free time and when the budget allows; Just made this Tissot PRX style but with my choice dial, hands and movement.
Water resist of 200M with screw down crown, all solid links with milled butterfly clasp, sapphire crystal.
Best thing about this watch is.. It's only 1 in the world at this moment; unless someone order same exact parts like mine which is almost impossible. :)

Attachments

• 485A1659-9250-48B5-8AA0-D0C93310544C.JPG
    485A1659-9250-48B5-8AA0-D0C93310544C.JPG
    438.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2406.JPG
    IMG_2406.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 107
Hey I dunno if this is the right place. But any decent leads / shop for buying/ trading used watches ? Omega / Rolex mainly ? Fed up
Of crazy premiums in India. Cheaper to fly down to USA , buy one. And return

Hey I dunno if this is the right place. But any decent leads / shop for buying/ trading used watches ? Omega / Rolex mainly ? Fed up
Of crazy premiums in India. Cheaper to fly down to USA , buy one. And return
Short answer: No.
Going to US is the wiser option. If you ever do, DM me. I require a watch as well.

Short answer: No.
Going to US is the wiser option. If you ever do, DM me. I require a watch as well.
M going to Dubai next week. Mostly picking up a submariner or Daytona. Let’s see. Mostly will get the box and papers shipped and will wear the watch. Should take care of the customs. Ur from
Kol ?

This is from the ethos ppl na. It’s all sold
Out either ways. Paying 12/14 for a 2014/15 watch is crazy.
For me; if you are buying a watch as an investment then even Rolex is not worth it. if you are buying a watch as status symbol then honestly one has to match the social and financial status with the watch he is wearing; else anyone who will look at the watch in india will say that it's a AAA copy.
if talking about exclusivity then build a watch yourself with top notch parts and engrave it's back as "1/1", "Limited Edition" or with any of your chosen quotes.
For me watches are more for conversation starters rather than to know the time; which can be done by a 65L rolex or a 25K custom build watch. for me the custom option will give more options to start a conversation.

Last edited:
For me; if you are buying a watch as an investment then even Rolex is not worth it. if you are buying a watch as status symbol then honestly one has to match the social and financial status with the watch he is wearing; else anyone who will look at the watch in india will say that it's a AAA copy.
if talking about exclusivity then build a watch yourself with top notch parts and engrave it's back as "1/1", "Limited Edition" or with any of your chosen quotes.
For me watches are more for conversation starters rather than to know the time; which can be done by a 65L rolex or a 25K custom build watch. for me the custom option will give more options to start a conversation.
You imagined all possible reasons, but never understood why the simple thing of self satisfaction didnt make the list. Lmao.
@webgupta Yep from Kol. Long time member of WUS, if you ever visited that site. I am mainly looking for a seamaster 300 coax if had at a good asking price i.e. within 3-3.25 lakhs. Congrats in advance with the Sub if you decide to get it. Always was my aim but with current prices I will settle with a wallpaper.

You imagined all possible reasons, but never understood why the simple thing of self satisfaction didnt make the list. Lmao.
@webgupta Yep from Kol. Long time member of WUS, if you ever visited that site. I am mainly looking for a seamaster 300 coax if had at a good asking price i.e. within 3-3.25 lakhs. Congrats in advance with the Sub if you decide to get it. Always was my aim but with current prices I will settle with a wallpaper.
Never seen. Will check it today only. Btw this is one of a few ones I wear. Wimbledon :)

Attachments

• IMG_5562.jpeg
    IMG_5562.jpeg
    393.6 KB · Views: 89
M going to Dubai next week. Mostly picking up a submariner or Daytona. Let’s see. Mostly will get the box and papers shipped and will wear the watch. Should take care of the customs. Ur from
Kol ?

Dubai Rolex ADs have them in stock? Or are you getting them from some other source?

Back