Last edited:
IMG_20240827_231513.jpg

IMG_20240827_231633.jpg

IMG_20240827_231642.jpg

IMG_20240827_231653.jpg

IMG_20240827_231701.jpg

IMG_20240827_231715.jpg

Omega x Swatch Moonswatch Mission to Mercury

Not real though, there's no way I'm spending 20k+ on a plastic watch. Bought this replica version from Dhgate (swatch1) for around 2.6k without box. Bought it on the 9th of August and It arrived today on the 27th. There were cheaper sellers but this seller was more responsive in his chats when I enquired about traingle shipping, the rest didn't respond.

Triangle shipping (china-singapore-india) through normal china post and singapore post. Landed in Foreign Post office in bangalore but wasn't charged any customs mostly due to it being shipped again from singapore and no box. I believe India has some sort of trade agreement with singapore, never had any parcel with singapore label being charged customs.

Immediate obvious callout/flaw? The 1/10th chronograph subdial on the top right, when not in use should always be pointed up towards 10. The chinese quartz movement they're using here instead has it as a 24h clock (as of writing this it's almost midnight and it's going to be very accurate to gen once it strikes midnight lol). The chronograph works fine too with the top left dial working as well, but the movement is not accurate to gen, infact it is smoother than gen. Gen movement the tick is almost 1 tick per second (apologies if I'm botching the terms)

There were more detailed posts and comments on chinatime subreddits about the exact details of the movement with model numbers and what not but that's boring and unneccesary. If I'm not wrong there is also a date dial hidden behind the case.

The other flaws that I've personally noticed is that the case color could have been a slightly deeper gray. But I'm getting more confused as the gray color seems to be different from all the gen photos and videos I've seen. Too much post processing.

The swiss trade mark at the bottom is missing as well. The back of the watch with the mercury cover is not that accurate but far better than some of the ealier reps.

The strap is honestly garbage to wear lol, I believe anyone looking for comfort should swap it out for a rubber or nato strap. Rubber strap is from some local fasttrack service shop for 500.

Overall so far, I like the watch. I believe it should keep good time and hopefully it will last me atleast a year or two. After buying this, I don't really know how the Gen price is justified considering it really is a very light, plastic watch. The sad part is, this has gotten me one level into the watch hobby and I'm afraid of the future ahead!

Last edited:
Unironically, I bet money this is better built (or at least the same build quality) as the Moonswatch.

Friend had one of those and it is easily one of the shittiest watches I have ever held. Like a Casio F91 feels more solid in your hand.

Unironically, I bet money this is better built (or at least the same build quality) as the Moonswatch.

Friend had one of those and it is easily one of the shittiest watches I have ever held. Like a Casio F91 feels more solid in your hand.
Honestly it really isn't worth more than 4-6k. I do like it as a less serious more playful, youthful watch though. Matches my style better as well. Once I get a real job I might look into some of the entry level automatic mechanical watches, quite fascinating really!

Honestly it really isn't worth more than 4-6k. I do like it as a less serious more playful, youthful watch though. Matches my style better as well. Once I get a real job I might look into some of the entry level automatic mechanical watches, quite fascinating really!
Moonswatch is a worse rep of an Omega than this swatch1 is of Moonswatch.

Overall so far, I like the watch. I believe it should keep good time and hopefully it will last me atleast a year or two. After buying this, I don't really know how the Gen price is justified considering it really is a very light, plastic watch. The sad part is, this has gotten me one level into the watch hobby and I'm afraid of the future ahead!
Haha, welcome to the rabbit hole. I suggest you set a milestone for each purchase. That way it becomes more memorable, and when you're showing off your collection you have a cool story to tell for each watch.

Once I get a real job I might look into some of the entry level automatic mechanical watches, quite fascinating really!
Yes, even if you purchase something in the budget side of automatic watches with a workhorse movement inside - like the miyota 8000 series, it could last you a lifetime. Definitely worthwhile.

Back