What WE the common citizens of India can do for our motherland

Nikhil

Skilled
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5304

This new thread is an addition to the above mentioned thread......

In the earlier thread we discussed a lot abt the problems and stuff faced by India....

In this thread, I would like people to give their opinions on how WE the common people can make a difference. And since I am starting this thread, unfortunately, you will have to bear with my views first :tongue: People who are not interested in these sort of things can better read some other thread.... no use in reading this thread and complaining later....

I don't know abt each city, but in Bangalore the traffic is terrible. I guess it must be similar in other cities also. Buses stopping in the centre of the road, people not sticking to the lanes, people rushing across a busy street as and when they please....

What we can do....

While driving please try to stick to a particular lane. It is very easy to follow this saying "When in Rome do as the Romans do". But in the end, it does not help anybody. Please stick to your respective lanes. Educate your friends, parents, relatives, everyone you know who uses a vehicle. Ask them to spread the knowledge around.

Have road sense... most Indians seems to be lacking in this. Even educated ones.

Don't talk on the mobile while driving. Forget abt the police fining you. You could hold up the traffic behind you and everyone will curse you for that.

Don't stop on the main road for anything. You will just end up jamming the whole damn road.

It may seem as a very obvious thing but most of us do not follow this.

DO NOT litter in public places. I know this is really hard seeing that there is a shortage of garbage bins but this is your country after all. If you cannot find a garbage bin, please keep the thing that you want to throw with you and throw it later when you reach home or you find a garbage bin. Again, please tell your friends and everyone to follow this. When you are with them, force them to do it the correct way.

And if you see someone doing something wrong, think abt correcting them. This obvioulsy does not work all times in our country coz people just do not want to accept their mistake. But iof you feel that you can correct someone, please do.

I know that what I am saying is a very small thing. But then as of now, we cannot do much.

I am a student and obviously, do not command as much respect as supposedly "full grown adults". If you are one of these adults, then you will be in a better position to spread the knowledge around.

We have to start somewhere. even if we as a small group start spreading the word, it COULD make a difference.

And try talking to your watchman, maidservant, driver or anyone else and try explaining what is what.

The main problem of our country is illiteracy. People just do not what is right and what is wrong. They do not read the newspapers and so fall for what the crooked politicians tell them very easily.

These sort of people are more prone to brainwashing of the communalism type.

And if you are in some sort of position to do something more, please go ahead and do it.

It will be good if you can get a group of like minded people and form an organisation to pester the govt to do something for you. Individuals can never get anything done like that(unless you are very powerful or rich).

I guess if we shout together, then the government has to listen to us. But "we" have to be a very big group with a huge number of people behind us....

If anyone else can think in what way we can do something for the country, please post it here...

EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY RACIST, OR FLAMING COMMENTS HERE. THIS IS ONLY MEANT TO BE A DISCUSSION THREAD AND IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU CANNOT ADD ANYTHING TO THE DISCUSSION WITHOUT FLAMING, THEN DO NOT POST HERE.

THE MODS WILL BAN YOU OR GIVE YOU A WARNING STRAIGHT AWAY IF YOU BREAK THE RULES OF THE FORUM. THEY WILL NOT BE LENIENT AT ALL.

What can i do for my motherland ?

Well i will try to do succesfull business and earn good money.This will make atleast one Indian's life better -Me...lol

Naa seriosuly if i can do something,
Will try to get distributorship of products Computer enthusiasts in India crave for.
Lets hope i succeed.

I think what we shud also do is Come above our Reagional and lingual difference and embrace all the ppl as one. Ya will be shocked to know but if ya go out and ask ppl if they know their national anthem, 30% of them dont know. I think what we INdians are suffering within India is Identity crisis and for that we shud go back to school and take a Lesson in Nationalism. Just 50 years of independence and we have forgotten all our values.....if this goes on then we might get into trouble again.

All Indians shud Unite AS ONE and and instead Crying out to the Make them see that we are here Winth A BIG BANG and we are here to stay.

I think some ppl who are more fortunate shud take up some burden with the society to help the lesser fortunate ppl and I am sure we will grow.

nikhil that is never going to happen. u are dreaming about something which is not possible in india with our professional rikshaw & taxi drivers.

But it is not only the rickshaws and taxi/bus drivers doing it. The sad part is that manny of the people driving in the fast lane at 20kmps are so called educated people. And sometimes, they do not have a choice, I agree.... but many many times, they do it just for the heck of it. I cannot fathom why they do it. The whole road will be empty and they still choose the right lane to crawl......

This is the feedback I got from one of my friends regarding my previous thread.......

I do agree with this a lot... especially abt the part that you need money and power to actually do something.....

Hello

I was reading ur article and the huge discussion that followed.

One thing that really made me laugh out loud was the was that sunmysore guy snubbed u. he jacked u royally. I mean, u DID ask for feedbacks and u seemed a tad eager to get them asap.but he went a bit far when he posted the conversation he had with his friend. I found that uncalled-for.

Yeah well, good to know that there r people who think like u

I don’t wish to b rude but I really don’t see the point in grumbling and moaning abt the affairs. I believe very strongly in action. U don’t see me doing anything right now coz there isn’t anything u can do. Not with the money and the power I have(or I don’t have). I have in mind what narayan murthy once said. Think abt urself and then think abt the rest. First earn, then donate.

That’s what I am exactly going to do. With the many things I have in mind that I wish to do in future, I just don’t plan to settle in India just coz it is my motherland. Theres no use staying here if u don’t do ur bit. I mean, I don’t have the right to sit here and blame my cousins, aunts and uncles who stay in u.s coz they r doing so much more than my parents or my relatives here. They r atleast donating their money. Potfuls of it.

Along with waxing eloquent, the state of affairs, u should encourage urself and the others to do their bit by advising roadsiders not to dirty the roads etc etc. I mean, I do that sometimes. I request drivers to turn off the engine at a traffic signal. Some of them don’t and I feel foolish but some of them do which makes up for the stubborn mules. If they don’t follow ur advise, then u really cannot do anything. Got to just walk on…………….

this post isnt directed at anyone...

i think all this is useless...we all know what we can do for out motherland, posting them here, causing conflicts is really unnecessary :)

nikhil's idea may be good, but all this posting will lead to flame and eventually racist discussions....

There are stuffs available outside that we dont get here. There are things that you can outside that we cant do here. But there is whole bunch of goodies here that we wont get anywhere else.
The thing is I agree, there is alot of scope of improvement. But for that we need right people to do the work. Now does anyone of us think they can do right work? If yes then why common person or man dosent dare to go into the dirty politics? The reason is that he is afraid.
Unless you take risks you dont get fruits. Unless you are ready to work yourself you dont get the results. Thats how things are. We have had less time to progress compared to other countries and you know that is a blessing for us in todays world. We are comming up while others are staying where they are.
All you need to do is look at the good side of it ;)

wht can we do for our country?????

first thing wht i know.....no one really cares abt other comments or advice....so there is no point in educating ppl........i know a frnd of mine...he keep on saying wht politics had done to our country and this and that... and keep on chatting this stuff for hours.......i want to know wht he has done or he will do instead of wasting time in saying wht is going on......come on v all know.....whts going ard...ppl think someone will come and sort out this matters...but why not v.....

now i hav stopped listening to ppl........whenever i get opportunity i do srve the nation...........by helping ppl and all...............

to improve the country....first thing we need is improve litteracy r8.....but here our education system in some states suks(including mahar).....
we need philanthropist.....i hardly know wht ambanis did in serving our nation....
in politics it shd b made compulsory for a daughter or son of mla...to serve the nation for atlest 3 yrs in minimum......all type of reservation shd b removed in education atlest...other views ill giv l8er..after reading mor comments

I think reservations in jobs, education, etc on the basis of caste ( SC, ST, Monorities etc) must be scrapped...

I believe this is the root cause that bring bafoons into political system and makes whole system corrupted .

If ever I get a chance to change anythg in this country.. Thats the first thing I wud do... and instead have resevations for economically backward and meritted ppl.

funkymonkey said:
We have had less time to progress compared to other countries and you know that is a blessing for us in todays world. We are comming up while others are staying where they are.
All you need to do is look at the good side of it ;)

What good side, Isnt 50 years more than enough. Look at shanghai or dubai which were created in less than 15 - 20 years

Hacker said:
What good side, Isnt 50 years more than enough. Look at shanghai or dubai which were created in less than 15 - 20 years

China has always been independent. We were not. We were cripples to level by british from where many countries are yet to come up.
Dubai is single city. India is huge country. Tell me name of 1 big country which has come up like us that were under british rule or were under some foreign rule.

US is here after 250 years of independense.

stormblast said:
thats y this is india. no1 cares or gives a shit.

you are right. no one here gives a damn about anything. sad indeed who do you think will benifit from our apathy? think

could we do in for a drive against the current political system and decide not to vote since all the parties are corrupt? see this would be a really small initiative, but if we keep spreading the message to everyone we know, this could meke the policymakers realize that there is a threat of a national upsurge. we're not going to vote for @$$H****. is that possible, if yes, i urge all of u not 2 vote since we need President's rule in the country..........n spread the message.

I am DEFINITELY not voting.... and I am telling everyone to do the same..... but that is the problem. Most of the voters are from the rural areas and are poor.

How will you tell them not to vote??? They will be bribed, cajoled, bullied into voting by the politicians...

Back