PC Peripherals What wireless mouse is everyone using and how long have you been using it?

for those who changed the swithches where do you get those? cause i dont see them available cheaply or single on amazon..
I got mine from Meckeys

There are imported models of the VGN R1 series available here. Whether the website is trustworthy or not, I'm not too sure, but there were a few people from the IndianGaming subreddit who found it legit. I think R1 is the best wireless mouse under 8k, barring any productivity based mice.

There is unfortunately a very dry mouse market here, compared to the US, which has tons of gaming mice brands. They have access to Ali express as well, which has lots of Chinese clones of popular mice that surpass them in quality as well.

Edit: there are imported lamzu mice for about 8k here as well
Neo Macro is pretty well known in the Indian Mechanical Keyboard Community, so I'd imagine they're pretty reliable, haven't gotten anything from them personally yet, but I do plan to get some Choc V1 switches from them (once they get it)

Boardzy (he's the golden standard for reviews in the mouse industry)
Please look into actual reviews if you think this clown is the gold standard for reviews. Showing off the mouse on camera and talking about the specs, while putting 'shocking' into every second video does not a reviewer make. Where are the sensor tests, the jitter, the LOD, the angle snapping, the prediction, the movement speed max, tracking accuracy?

Please look into actual reviews if you think this clown is the gold standard for reviews. Showing off the mouse on camera and talking about the specs, while putting 'shocking' into every second video does not a reviewer make. Where are the sensor tests, the jitter, the LOD, the angle snapping, the prediction, the movement speed max, tracking accuracy?
Please recommend a good reviewer. Also, what's your opinion of the VGN R1 series?

I have been using my G304 for a year and a half. Bought off Amazon (renewed for 1136). A few months ago, started seeing left click issues. Replaced both switches with Kaihl GM 8.0 black, it keeps going!

I used to use G102 Prodigy before that for almost 2 years, then it had same issue so RMA'd and got G102 Lightsync which I then used for another 2. Keeping that as a backup mouse for now.

In my humble opinion, nothing beats the G304 with Kaihl Switches and AAA battery mod in value for money.
I bought 2x AAA NiMH batteries and been using them in G304 with small aluminium foil. Weight balance is excellent now. Sensor is pretty good on the mouse.

I have been using my G304 for a year and a half. Bought off Amazon (renewed for 1136). A few months ago, started seeing left click issues. Replaced both switches with Kaihl GM 8.0 black, it keeps going!

I used to use G102 Prodigy before that for almost 2 years, then it had same issue so RMA'd and got G102 Lightsync which I then used for another 2. Keeping that as a backup mouse for now.

In my humble opinion, nothing beats the G304 with Kaihl Switches and AAA battery mod in value for money.
I bought 2x AAA NiMH batteries and been using them in G304 with small aluminium foil. Weight balance is excellent now. Sensor is pretty good on the mouse.
Yah the G304 is a great mouse, aside from the switch issues, albeit a little small for me.

Personally, my all time GOAT mouse is the Logitech MX 518. Wired but it was absolutely perfect in terms of grip, size, button placement and all. Plus the switches did not develop any issues and I'd bought mine used off this forum itself I think. And the design was kinda interesting too.

A wireless MX518 sans the switch issues would be end game mouse, as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
I use the HP Z3700, been some time. Previously had wrist/hand issues from too much computer use, the size and shape is why I use it. Works for me, if you want a small mouse that fits into your hand then it works well. Not really a gaming mouse but works well enough if you don't need too much DPI or speed, at least for less intense games. I recommend it.

I use the Basilisk Ultimate (bought from TE). Great mouse overall, and very decent battery life. Time will tell how reliable it continues to be.

I use the Basilisk Ultimate (bought from TE). Great mouse overall, and very decent battery life. Time will tell how reliable it continues to be.
Yes my Basilisk ultimate gets 1.5 to 2 months on a single charge if i turn off all RGB lights. Really good battery life.

Last edited:
No comment on either of those 2 really. I'm not really in touch with the hardware scene, but I do know what a review looks like and it doesn't look like anything on that channel.
Ok then, please recommend some good reviewers where I can get reviews of said mice. Thanks.

I used G602 and got spoiled with all the side buttons. Weirdly, it’s the mouse sensor that died, the buttons still worked fine.

I bought a G604, it has a weird issue where buttons don’t click if I left the battery on the device overnight ‍♂️ if I remove the battery after use, and only put it back when using the mouse it worked fine. However the rubber sides started disintegrating.

Now I’m an average Orochi v2 enjoyer lol. Using it with my computer and iPad.

I used G602 and got spoiled with all the side buttons. Weirdly, it’s the mouse sensor that died, the buttons still worked fine.
I got spoiled by the G602 and soon shifted all my mice to wireless ones of that shape.

I first bought a MX Master 3 to replace the G602. Soon realised I didn't use the side scroll wheel.

Then bought the HP 930 Creator mouse, it fit my purposes perfectly - replaced MX Master 3 with this and bought a second one for my second PC.

I'm now looking for a third one. I bought both from Croma for 2200 a piece, that was an excellent price.

I got spoiled by the G602 and soon shifted all my mice to wireless ones of that shape.

I first bought a MX Master 3 to replace the G602. Soon realised I didn't use the side scroll wheel.

Then bought the HP 930 Creator mouse, it fit my purposes perfectly - replaced MX Master 3 with this and bought a second one for my second PC.

I'm now looking for a third one. I bought both from Croma for 2200 a piece, that was an excellent price.
How long have you been using it?

Currently it shows around 5K on Amazon, which is quite steep for me right now.

How long have you been using it?

Currently it shows around 5K on Amazon, which is quite steep for me right now.
I've been using it just over a year now. The left and right click switches are heavier than the MX Master but the feedback is better.

Wait for Croma deals if you're not planning to buy one immediately

I had the logitech MK345 combo. The scroll wheel failed completely in just 4-5 months of normal office use. Replacement unit would take 1-2 weeks and I was forced to buy a new keyboard and mouse. Bought the K650 and mx anywhere 3. Hoping the mouse lasts a few years or fails in the warranty period itself so I get 2 yrs use out of it. If it fails after 12 months then I am SOL

Logitech quality isn't what it used to be. Buy the cheapest and replace when fails is the only logical option if you want to play it safe

Logitech quality isn't what it used to be.
Exactly this! I had bought the G304 and later G603 based on my MX518 experience from over a decade ago. Little did I know how far Logitech had fallen.

Buy the cheapest and replace when fails is the only logical option if you want to play it safe

I think I may be too old school in this sense but 'buy cheapest and replace' to me personally seems a little wasteful. Plus there is my bullheadedness of 'companies should make things that last dammit!' :D

They are already stretching the definition of 'budget' by pricing these mice at 3-4K, when regular wireless mice are available for even 5-600. On top of that the added aggravation of RMAing and frustration of a product not working properly for more than a year at max. Not that buying the more expensive ones gets you any protection from failure either.

Plus there is my bullheadedness of 'companies should make things that last dammit!' :D
It's not just bullheadedness, there is real convenience behind using things that last. One gets used to the features, buttons, behaviours of our existing mouse, and uses it subconsciously without thinking too much about it. If we just keep trying new ones, when do we do the real work ?

Unfortunately things are no longer built to last. Products are designed to fail just a few months after the warranty ends. And logitech really has no decent competition

I purchased a Logitech G502X Lightspeed last year in June and it started having problems within the first month. The left and right buttons would stop working after any intense use of mouse for an hour. I was too lazy to go to the service center so just kept it aside for a while and went back to my old Razer.

A couple of months ago I decided to finally get it RMA'd, and the replacement is working flawlessly. I will have to see how long it lasts, but apparently it should not develop double click issues as it uses optical switches.

Back