Whatapp is now one of the most secure messaging clients

Onemufc

Skilled
WhatsApp is now one of the strongest messaging apps you can find on Android, thanks to new end-to-end encryption for messages. That means that your messages are totally secure and cannot be decrypted by WhatsApp at all — no matter what. Other apps offer similar end-to-end security, but WhatsApp is by far the largest of the bunch. The new encryption features are said to be heading to iOS soon as well.

The new feature comes from a partnership with Open Whisper Systems, best known for their TextSecure apps. Open Whisper CTO Moxie Marlinspike says it took six months to nail down the code for such a large deployment.

Only the two parties involved in the chat will be able to see the messages, so even if WhatsApp were asked to hand over the messages to law enforcement (or the NSA), they won't be able to.

Source: - http://www.androidcentral.com/whatsapp-now-most-secure-messaging-app-android

Finally from being one of the most insecure to this. Well done Whatsapp.

I dont mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I'd be highly surprised if the NSA etc. don't have some sort of backdoor access. They are probably publicizing this so that people they want to track are lulled into a false sense of security.

I dont mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I'd be highly surprised if the NSA etc. don't have some sort of backdoor access. They are probably publicizing this so that people they want to track are lulled into a false sense of security.
And thats a conspiracy theory because?

Dan Brown - Digital Fortress

Back