Android What's the best way to browse TE on mobile?

agentmilo

Disciple
The mobile website is a bit glitchy when scrolling and I'd love to have notifications (the push notifications don't work). Is there an app that can interface with boards like these? Years ago I'd read about Tapatalk, but doesn't seem to be actively developed anymore. Doesn't seem to be any alternatives around too.

The mobile website is a bit glitchy when scrolling and I'd love to have notifications (the push notifications don't work). Is there an app that can interface with boards like these? Years ago I'd read about Tapatalk, but doesn't seem to be actively developed anymore. Doesn't seem to be any alternatives around too.
Tapatalk works fine
Been using the forum over it since ages

I always preferred TE app which sadly is nore more compatible with latest Android. It was way better than tapatalk, for my usage I find tapatalk a clutter!
@renegade Is TE app discontinued as in no more in development? Just a compatibility update will be nice!

Last edited:
I use Firefox on my android phone and push notifications work for me. The layout is not that different from desktop.

Use FireFox for Android and click on "Install to homepage". It will install it as a PWA. I use it like that. There is notification support this way. I don't use notifications.

When you tap the notifications do they redirect you to that website?
No, it does not. I have to open Firefox, go to the tab with TE, click on the bell icon in the header and then it takes me to the relevant notification/page where it came from.

I mean, I do get notified but on tapping the notifications, it does not take me to the relevant page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-12-15-47-06-063_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-12-15-47-06-063_com.miui.home.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 82
Go to Your Account -> Preferences -> Enable Push notifications

There's an option that checks for device comparability. Once it's says it's compatible, check the Enable Push notifications button

Go to Your Account -> Preferences -> Enable Push notifications

There's an option that checks for device comparability. Once it's says it's compatible, check the Enable Push notifications button
Every notification related setting is enabled. Tried re-installing, clearing cache and all that but nope.

Tapatalk by far is the best option for multiple forum browsing .
As far as Te is concerned , many a times the price of a product for sale in the for sale section does not show up . That's the only flaw as far as Tapatalk is concerned for me.

Back