Whats this new policy of airtel ? 750 rs for modem replace ? Disconnection Requested.

Re: Whats this new policy of airtel ? 750 rs for modem replace ? Disconnection Reques

delguy19 said:
I am sure and hopeful that soon they will charge for engineer's visit and fixing of complains.

Ya, I guess thats the next planned move by Airtel.

Re: Whats this new policy of airtel ? 750 rs for modem replace ? Disconnection Reques

I have been going through the same trauma for many months !!!! my data light stops blinking n my modem hangs !! enough is enough this failtel needs to learn a lesson now

>::mad:

PS : isnt beam fiber operating in new delhi :huh:

G33kgod said:
I have been going through the same trauma for many months !!!! my data light stops blinking n my modem hangs !! enough is enough this failtel needs to learn a lesson now

No I wish beam come soon to Delhi. :(

G33kgod said:

I had the same problem in the factory 4 weeks back. The engineer came and changed the modem and went back. Everything is fine now.

I'm having the same problem at my home since a week. The engineer landed up once a refused to believe that the problem lies with the modem. He checked the line and cleaned it and said that it should work fine now. I told him that it won't solve the problem, and as expected, the same problem is still there. I also got to know of this new Airtel policy from him where after one year warranty, the modem needs to be taken to the service center by the customer. I took the number of the service center and it seems that if the modem can be repaired without any part replacements, it costs Rs. 150 for a wired modem. Also, they need one day to do it.

Now, given the failure rate of these modems, it seems like a better bet to buy a 3rd party modem. The only hassle is that the next time we have a problem with the connection, Airtel will blame the 3rd party modem.

vb86 said:
I had the same problem in the factory 4 weeks back. The engineer came and changed the modem and went back. Everything is fine now.

I'm having the same problem at my home since a week. The engineer landed up once a refused to believe that the problem lies with the modem. He checked the line and cleaned it and said that it should work fine now. I told him that it won't solve the problem, and as expected, the same problem is still there. I also got to know of this new Airtel policy from him where after one year warranty, the modem needs to be taken to the service center by the customer. I took the number of the service center and it seems that if the modem can be repaired without any part replacements, it costs Rs. 150 for a wired modem. Also, they need one day to do it.

Now, given the failure rate of these modems, it seems like a better bet to buy a 3rd party modem. The only hassle is that the next time we have a problem with the connection, Airtel will blame the 3rd party modem.

yeah agree they will blame the 3rd party modem and they will have excuse but its best to borrow 2 or 3 modem from friends for a while and show engg to check with all so end of the day he cant give excuse that all 3 modem's are dead or faulty

vb86 said:

Do they do that. Even if it is a line issue, they blame the OEM modem...?

asingh said:

All ISP technicians do that . I once asked a BSNL guy that should I buy modem from outside . Since he was a known guy , He said that the technician will only blame the modem even if the server is down ! :D

asingh said:

Yepp. they play the blame game quite often.. Its either your LAN card, your Antivirus & now your MODEM... :(

Even if you buy the MODEM from them I suppose after one year they will simply blame it & push for buying another from them... :mad:

Then, I think I am quite happy with my local cable waala net.

1. No FUP.

2. Constant 1 Mbps @ RS. 1640. (Ya expensive). He said will move me to 1.5 Mbps soon.

3. I can call him and holler and he comes running pronto.

4. Resolves issues at personal level.

5. Can use what ever modem -- never blames my hardware/software for issues.

6. No CC executive rambling.

:)

But what is the down time window or frequency with Airtel..?

Airtel is not the same anymore. I have asked for a new connection the guy came and took the booking amount of Rs 2250/- for a new IP TV connection in Bangalore on 22 July. He commited to get the install done in 3 days and nearly 14 days now not done. He doesnt lift my calls now and he is not available in the relationship center as well.
When i enquire in the call center they take a complaint and no action after that its closed by default after 2 days.Reason being application resolves the call due to some technical issues (dont know what application they use which closes the complaints on its own) They are not able to track my apllication as well. Dont know what to do :(

^.. First make a stop payment request if paid by cheque..

Contact regional Nodal Officer, asap.

Also since you are in Hyderabad , you should have gone with BEAM broadband. Its the best in your city. Nothing beats it, price wise, speed wise and service wise.

Get the edimax 300n adsl2+ wifi router... amazing stuff
no dropouts
no lag ( I play cs ) and a very good attenuation of signal .. im at 37dbi snr !!

Its the TD-W8960N model /// I bought it for about 2700 from a shop just before the SMC service center at Nehru place.. talk to the old guy ... he's all over India !! He;'ll give u discount if u mention you;'re from Roorkee's COER :)
epic win!!
And btw , airtel can FO :I FUP is crap !! I pay about a 100 bux extra every day for 2mbps ( 5hours of it ) during the night time :/ fleecing SOBs /
Anyway /rant.

MTNL is a bad idea for uptime .. and esp for cs players :/

wooka said:
Get the edimax 300n adsl2+ wifi router... amazing stuff
no dropouts
no lag ( I play cs ) and a very good attenuation of signal .. im at 37dbi snr !!

Its the TD-W8960N model /// I bought it for about 2700 from a shop just before the SMC service center at Nehru place.. talk to the old guy ... he's all over India !! He;'ll give u discount if u mention you;'re from Roorkee's COER :)
epic win!!

:/

You mean the edimax and the 8960N are one and the same ??. Is the edimax adsl router available in Chennai and please do mention the model number if its going to support telnet...

One thing I have to agree to their broadband service, is that they provide fast efficient with no downtime 4mbps line... The modem etc are secondary issue, their senior executive called up when i asked for disconnection and promised me for free modem however nothing happened after it.. They neither want me to leave failtel ;)

My sisters Airtel (Beetel) 220BX modem conked off for the second time a couple of months back(the first one had conked off after a lightening strike couple of years ago and was replaced free of cost). They gave a free and brand new replacement modem. This is in Hyd and for the 799 UL plan. The technician also replaced the phone at the same time when we complained that audio comes out noisy and not clearly audible (Of course the replacement phone was not a new one though). So I am not sure if they are even applying their so called policies everywhere. One thing I can say is that if your plan shows modem rental as a separate component, then they are obligated to replace it for your free of cost or cease collecting the monthly rental.

Lord Nemesis said:
My sisters Airtel (Beetel) 220BX modem conked off for the second time a couple of months back(the first one had conked off after a lightening strike couple of years ago and was replaced free of cost). They gave a free and brand new replacement modem. This is in Hyd and for the 799 UL plan. The technician also replaced the phone at the same time when we complained that audio comes out noisy and not clearly audible (Of course the replacement phone was not a new one though). So I am not sure if they are even applying their so called policies everywhere. One thing I can say is that if your plan shows modem rental as a separate component, then they are obligated to replace it for your free of cost or cease collecting the monthly rental.

This policy has been applicable since 26th July. Even I got a free modem replacement a couple of months back, but they don't do it anymore.

Back