Whatsapp is now Officially Facebook Property

I guess WhatsApp is second to WinRar. It never asks to pay even when trial period is over.
And the main reason for not paying $1 no debit card works on Play store & most people (including me) have no access to credit cards.

They, like the WinRAR people know what they're doing. They know the moment they try to enforce people to pay up after their times up- people will start using another fully free messenger. And there are tons and tons of free messengers on the market. So, they can't enforce payment and if they remove the payment aspect completely, they risk making no money whatsoever. Thereby keeping it in ambiguous like this means people stay satisfied and happy thinking whatsapp is free cause of their time extensions meanwhile they will still earn something from the few people in the world who actually pay up before their whatsapp expires.

And the main reason for not paying $1 no debit card works on Play store & most people (including me) have no access to credit cards.
Google has got to sort this out somehow for the good of the app store.

Too many headaches with various govts and e-payments ?

Google has got to sort this out somehow for the good of the app store.

Too many headaches with various govts and e-payments ?
Soon. RBI has mandated in August this year that all companies have to use Indian payment gateways (or set up their own in India) and cannot skip VBV/MSC verification step. The main reason that adding a debit card in Google Wallet/iTunes/Paypal etc. fails because Indian cards ask for VBV/MSC password in the background which these sites cannot handle.

That password is there for security. I was thinking instead of any card just allow some sort of carrier billing. Everybody has to pay their cellphone bill. Make it transparent and easy.

^^ Why can't they simply make a provision in thier gateway to ask for the password ? I have sent numerous mails to Google regarding the issue and everytime thier reply was the same standard one - contact your bank.
I have read somewhere that this VBV/MSC system also exists in some other countries in Europe too. So its not just about India.

C'mon guys. A dollar a year is nothing!

I would gladly pay up if I was asked to. I understand people wanting to pay but can't as they lack the required method of payment, but those not willing to pay even when they can makes no sense. It saves you so much in convenience and money when compared to regular text messaging.

Having said that, I've never had to pay for the service. They kept extending it and now it just says 'lifetime' next to service expiry.

Back