WhatsApp Plus User? Be Prepared for a Temporary Ban from WhatsApp

Some bad news coming out today for those that use WhatsApp Plus. If you are unaware, WhatsApp Plus is basically a third party app that has all the same features as WhatsApp, but has a cleaner design, different themes and a slew of other features available as well. It does still use WhatsApp’s servers, which is why they can see who is using WhatsApp Plus. It is against WhatsApp ToS to use WhatsApp Plus, which is why I stopped using it a while ago. And now it looks like WhatsApp is temporarily banning users that are using WhatsApp Plus.

It looks like the first users to see this ban go into effect were in India, at least those were the ones that first reported it. It seems to have started at 12:00am IST on January 21st. Remember Indian Standard Time or IST, is about 10 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Eastern Standard Time. So this just started within the last hour or so. Users have also reported that uninstalling WhatsApp Plus and installing WhatsApp hasn’t lifted the ban. The temporary ban seems to be for about 24 hours. Which isn’t too bad. It’s better than being banned forever, but it still sucks.

It seems a bit odd, but maybe WhatsApp’s parent company Facebook, is beginning to crack down on these third-party apps. Although, if WhatsApp would actually update their design once in a while, maybe WhatsApp Plus wouldn’t be so popular everywhere? WhatsApp is a very popular messaging service, and in developing countries, especially ones like India, it’s extremely popular. So getting temporarily banned is actually a really big deal.

Source: http://www.androidheadlines.com/201...lus-user-prepared-temporary-ban-whatsapp.html

I use whatsapp a lot (no scope of whatsapp+ since I use iPhone) and I like the fact that it compresses the images. I guess whatsapp+ allowed to send uncompressed ones.

O/T
As of now I have not found any way to stop images from getting downloaded automatically and I am part of couple of groups (that I cannot leave) and they send random images and the useless good morning etc pics.
Btw I received SPAM from unknown number for first time yesterday. It was an Indian number but the message was just a contact card with some s*xy looking foreign girl and some +214 or some country code number.

I use whatsapp a lot (no scope of whatsapp+ since I use iPhone) and I like the fact that it compresses the images. I guess whatsapp+ allowed to send uncompressed ones.

O/T
As of now I have not found any way to stop images from getting downloaded automatically and I am part of couple of groups (that I cannot leave) and they send random images and the useless good morning etc pics.
Btw I received SPAM from unknown number for first time yesterday. It was an Indian number but the message was just a contact card with some s*xy looking foreign girl and some +214 or some country code number.

Yup same here I received a sexy foreign chicks business card but it was almost 10 days back. I saved it but the forgot about it.

I think iOS users are richer, hence can afford more expensive data packs. So they haven't been given the setting to turn off auto-download.

Yeah right. I totally forgot that. Sorry. And advance congrats for LIKES you will get on this post from other iOS haters.

I have jailbroken my iPhone and I can freely install any version of whatsapp I want and control how media is downloaded :happy:

Banned :p
uploadfromtaptalk1421893076993.jpg

At-least they woke up :p This was like someone else milking your cow while you feed her.

For iOS, as @smnrock said, there was version 2.11.9 released in September last year which introduced many features like controlling auto-download of media, archive-ing chats, etc. However it also made WhatsApp below average experience of handsets before iPhone 5S. Subsequent update corrected it but not to extent damage was caused by former one.

Do not ! You will hate yourself for downloading this on 4S.

My whatsapp version on iOS 7 is already not the best. I have got used to the lag and all with this app. Sometimes I feel evil apple deliberately does to older devices people like me. Whatsapp runs very very well on my wife's 6 Plus.
Worst case, I will download older version from appcake etc and reinstall it.[DOUBLEPOST=1421898021][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have jailbroken my iPhone and I can freely install any version of whatsapp I want and control how media is downloaded :happy:

Say I have latest version of whatsapp and I want an older version now, can I just go to appcake,vshare etc and download earlier one and install and the latest one will get overwritten with all my chats etc intact?

Sometimes I feel evil apple deliberately does to older devices people like me.

I feel Apple is not at fault here but app developer. Telegram used to run super smooth on iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2.

Say I have latest version of whatsapp and I want an older version now, can I just go to appcake,vshare etc and download earlier one and install and the latest one will get overwritten with all my chats etc intact?

I had tried that but it would say, need optimization/restoring from Backup. But after its done 100% it will start again same. This continued for quite some time and finally gave up to newer version which was heavy for iPhone 4.

Back