when I try to update my windows 10 pc it downloads the latest software and fails to install the software update 21H2

Try using windows 10 update assistant to update. If that doesn't work, do a dirty install- use windows 10 download tool, and then select update this pc.

Your files and settings will be preserved in both cases.

Go to Windows -> SoftwareDistribution folder...select all the files and folders there and delete it.

Then right click your C: drive and go to properties. There select 'disk cleanup'. After the scan finishes select 'clean up system files'. Let the scan finish. In the next window select all the files (see if files related to windows update are present) and click ok. Let the cleaning process finish..

After that restart ur system and see if the issue is solved.

Go to Windows -> SoftwareDistribution folder...select all the files and folders there and delete it.

Then right click your C: drive and go to properties. There select 'disk cleanup'. After the scan finishes select 'clean up system files'. Let the scan finish. In the next window select all the files (see if files related to windows update are present) and click ok. Let the cleaning process finish..

After that restart ur system and see if the issue is solved.
ok thanks so much, today I will try to do that, hope it will work

Download windows 10/11 update assistant and try using that. This is common when you're on a very old build and updating after a long time.

If that doesn't work, make a bootable usb using windows 10/11 iso tool and use that to apply the update.

Try running this in cmd (adminstrator).
Code:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If that doesn't solve the problem, then easiest option is to download the latest Windows 10 22H2 ISO from the Microsoft site, mount it, and then run setup.exe. It will force update your system. It will take 30+ minutes.

PS: Although this is the safest solution and will not delete any app or data, still you should make backup of C drive.

Back