When will the new speed come in effect after MTNL plan change?

ashfame

Disciple
I have upgraded from 512Kbps plan to 2Mbps UL plan. It is supposed to start from today April 1, 2011. I was wondering when will the new speed come in effect? If I have to lodge a complaint, I better be ready for it asap :)

Billing cycles now start from 1st of the month only. They adjust it in the first bill by billing you for the remaining days of the first month.

Can't call 1500 or 1504. Either the call with drop or won't connect at all. Did a complain on 198 in others section but god knows if that would help me in any case.

I managed to talk to 3-4 guys who bounced me to each other and then the lady at CC finally told me to wait till eve. What would I need to check from my end? The speed will bump up by itself or will the router be needed to restart?

You need to restart he router, Unless you reestablish your season plan change won;t be reflected in speed even if it implemented at exchange...

Now I am supposed to restart the router randomly and keep check. Haha.. And it will get irritating if it didn't get through today

Plan got upgraded. Great! But the speeds are only till 1.86Mbps as per Speedtest.net

2Mbps = 256KBps and I am getting ~230KBps

Anything I can do to improve it further? Youtube 720p HD pauses a bit in between.

Selection_035.png

2 Mbps means your speed will vary btw 1.7/1.8 to 2.2/2.3 Mbps approx, as long as it is much closer to 2 than to 1, they are fine from their side.

Use a fast browser like Opera if you like. But I doubt if there is a ~2mbps cap that there would be much to improve download speeds. they vary a bit.

btw, which one? Airtel or MTNL?

rite said:
2 Mbps means your speed will vary btw 1.7/1.8 to 2.2/2.3 Mbps approx, as long as it is much closer to 2 than to 1, they are fine from their side.

Use a fast browser like Opera if you like. But I doubt if there is a ~2mbps cap that there would be much to improve download speeds. they vary a bit.

btw, which one? Airtel or MTNL?
Its MTNL. Earlier on 512Kbps I always used to get 64KBps+ speed so there is nothing wrong in expecting a 2Mbps to give ~250Kbps (should be ~256Kbps though). I know it can be because of several issues but since my connection was totally fine on 512Kbps, I don't think those common factors (which reduces speed) are into effect right now on my 2Mbps plan.

This fellow member gets 230-240KBps - http://www.techenclave.com/broadband-forum/your-views-mtnl-2mbps-ul-plan-186623.html#post1756612

BTW I have never heard of this 1.7/1.8 to 2.2/2.3 Mbps range. Always heard that it is mentioned like "upto 2Mbps" or "upto 1Mbps" mark for connections. "Upto", not the range.

Back