PC Peripherals Where to buy on Lamington Road

tipu185

Kampooter Lover
Disciple
Dear Mumbaikar Members Suggest me a shop on Lamington road, Mumbai where i can purchase my required configuration (desktop) .
I am coming with @Sudarshan_SMD on very tight schedule of one day (on this coming Saturday, 08-06-2013)
Please suggest me or i will be visiting Primeabgb / IT warez .

Last edited by a moderator:
Both prime and it wares are in same sim -lim building opposite police station I believe. Both of them charge more than other shops. You won't get any discount on price even if you get full pc from them.
Avoid cassette world. Best option would be to try two more shops other than the ones mentioned above and ask if you will get discount on total price if you buy everything from them. Been more than a year since I went there so don't remember shop names.

There is one named Mac IT in lane front of Chunab Lane. My couple of college friends got there CPU and a Laptop from there. Prices were cheaper for Laptop there. I however buy most stuff from Primeabgb till now but for my next purchase thinking of looking in Mac IT.

I agree with 6pack . As friendly/professional Primeabgb might seem their prices are high compared to others so please look around in multiple shops before buying from there directly.

thanks for suggestion ; i was having the same doubt , so i posted this thread. Now will look for more , if i had time i was going to scout the place thoroughly

Bought from Primeabgb ;
got the quote from MacIT, Dynamic and 4-5 Shops ; what i observed that only some shops were aware of these configurations. Later on comparison i found Dynamic (in that same slimlin building) quoted the lowest. MacIT quoted the highest. We later inquired at Primeabgb for the difference , they told us their price was including VAT, rest others dealers increase with 5% VAT at the time of billing .

Sunday we visited MacIT to buy a Mice (as it was one of few opened shops) then he told us that it is impossible to have a difference of 5-6k . But assured to us a lowest next time against primeabgb .

The reason we prefer Prime is they support you better when you face any defective piece and take care of that hassles in warranties.

Whereas others like computer selection and cassette world are good in showing road where service center is located where you see first preference is given to dealer guy who have nth number of products for replacements.

I can vouch for mac it. They do help with the rma service. A place where other vendors wash their hands.

the Sales person at MacIT did said (on sunday my visit after the purchase) that , next time get the quote at primeabgb first and then come to Macit, he will surely quote the price difference .. ( all i was thinking that , 'why didn't he placed it right at first place rather than sulking later')

the Sales person at MacIT did said (on sunday my visit after the purchase) that , next time get the quote at primeabgb first and then come to Macit, he will surely quote the price difference .. ( all i was thinking that , 'why didn't he placed it right at first place rather than sulking later')

Because not all people are aware of price trends nor they visit many shops for quotes. For them(shop owners) bijness is bijness.

My personal favorites :
PrimeABGB : little costly but all my products have worked pretty well.No issues at all.50-100 bucks extra is worth the time+piece of mind.Also the proccy price quoted was the BEST :D
Purchased over 30K of stuff from here in 2 years.
Computer Selection : The owner is a known friend.No non-sense shop.Products are legit and he also warned me about the tactics used by other shops.
Purchased over 20K of stuff from here in the last year.

MY TIP : if you really want to save money,go to multiple shops and bargain a little for multiple components.
But it is probably worth buying things from a VERIFIED SHOP instead of trying to save 1-5% and wasting time and endangering quality/A.S.S.
Sometimes even Flipkart or an online-store might offer a BETTER price (discounts,sale).

surprised PC Guide on the main road hasn't been mentioned here. I used to buy a lot from them back in 2004-05 but I've been told of late they too have a big enough customer base and demand so don't really bother about catering to your needs with attention anymore.

+1 @6pack about Prime ABGB losing the plot quite a bit. I did a lot of buying from them including 2 full rigs back in 2007... but over time, I've been consistently let down by their growing aloofness. Meenal was their real star performer. Irrespective of the number of calls she'd get, she'd still attend to you personally and try to get the best rate for you and sometimes give you a decent discount for regular buyers. Once she left... it just wasn't the same anymore. I guess now they just don't bother to go the extra yard.

IT Wares.. I've dealt with Rahul directly quite a bit recently. Prices are ok, but he sticks to no discount for big order or repeat customers attitude leaves a bit to be desired. He could certainly work on his customer loyalty skills. Else it's generally been a good experience with him without major hassles, though i have no RMA experience with his shop so can't comment on that (thankfully no probs yet to RMA). Prices are on par or slightly lower than the rest of the market i guess.

Yeah - Once Meenal left - it was all on the downside.

Apart from that - another point to remember is the config - check what RAM is being used and other components etc. This is not just for OP but for anyone in general who seems to be getting a good deal - Poor RAM and SMPS will certainly be a dampner. And all in the name of cheaper rigs - when something goes wrong - you will come to know exactly what a RAW deal you got.

Also, take a pricelist of stuff you may get online and do a vis-a-vis comparison. Except for HDDs and LCDs, I dont see any issue getting the rest couriered.

surprised PC Guide on the main road hasn't been mentioned here. I used to buy a lot from them back in 2004-05 but I've been told of late they too have a big enough customer base and demand so don't really bother about catering to your needs with attention anymore.

+1 @6pack about Prime ABGB losing the plot quite a bit. I did a lot of buying from them including 2 full rigs back in 2007... but over time, I've been consistently let down by their growing aloofness. Meenal was their real star performer. Irrespective of the number of calls she'd get, she'd still attend to you personally and try to get the best rate for you and sometimes give you a decent discount for regular buyers. Once she left... it just wasn't the same anymore. I guess now they just don't bother to go the extra yard.

IT Wares.. I've dealt with Rahul directly quite a bit recently. Prices are ok, but he sticks to no discount for big order or repeat customers attitude leaves a bit to be desired. He could certainly work on his customer loyalty skills. Else it's generally been a good experience with him without major hassles, though i have no RMA experience with his shop so can't comment on that (thankfully no probs yet to RMA). Prices are on par or slightly lower than the rest of the market i guess.
Yes this post sum ups the whole almost for the hardcore peeps.

Now i feel they wanted to concentrate of people who dont have much knowledge hence they dont come to them asking for any minute details.

I do ALL my purchasing ONLINE.... more out of convenience + lazyness + time :cool:

Last september I dealt with - prime; theitwares; hardwire.in; theitdepot (chennai); ebay; snapdeal; mdrelectronics for my RIG (total spend was around 1.6L). Each of these places offered me the best prices for various components & no single place had all the components that I needed. They were very courteous & delivery was prompt 24-36 hours. I hardly think I spent anything extra than what "street-prices" were at that time [also factor the time you spent + taxi fare + multiple trips].

I agree, prime more or less price it similar to the prices given in all shops at lammy. It's very convenient in a way.
It is also fun to do it the old fashion way though.
The impulse of getting to the store, picking the stuff up, rushing home and assembling it in your rig.

Back