Where to buy the HTC Legend from in Mumbai?

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
I might be going out to buy HTC Legend today. Was going to visit the Juhu Croma. Would it be costly there? Any suggestion on where to buy it from? Preferably closer to Andheri W.

The Legend would be costly anywhere as its just come to India. Besides, the street price is 24k last I checked.. While I wouldn't recommend it.. there'd barely be any difference from whether you get it from a Croma or a HTC retailer.

I am also planning to buy the HTC Legend.
However, I am holding my purse till HTC would commit to upgrade the Android 2.1 to 'Froyo' 2.2 on the Legend. (HTC has announced that it would release updates for all other droid phones, but irritatingly, the legend is missing from the list)

I would have actually gone for the HTC Desire (1ghz snapdragon processor and slightly larger screen as well as a better ratio of the camera), but unfortunately its not available in India.

HTC Incredible = drool. Not yet in India!

24K is almost what Legend is going for on the international ebay, so i don't think i am paying a surcharge here.

ah.. to answer the question:
I am planning to buy online from UNIVERCELL.in and get the charge converted into EMI on my credit card. But, i think to see it, touch it and buy it from a shop would give you the necessary tactical subconscious approval to empty your purse gladly.

Even Univercell don't have it in stock.

Coming to the point on Desire, I think it will be in the market around the end of July. I guess its better to hold off till then as the prices might drop for legend. And if the Desire is rightly priced it will make sense to buy that instead of Legend. Anyway the max I can put off the purchase is till the mid of August. My current handset is a borrowed piece of crap which shuts down if back cover is slightly nudged.

goto vile parle and get an auto to Alfa or Irla

Alfa is a chain of shops, one of them specializes in mobiles

But you wont get to test anything...only see them behind glass and buy a sealed box

A better landmark is the Amar juice center. There is a lane right in front of it which leads to Alfa. Ask around in that lane if you need to.

Or check out Heera Panna which is located in Haji Ali.

laxmin said:
I am also planning to buy the HTC Legend.
However, I am holding my purse till HTC would commit to upgrade the Android 2.1 to 'Froyo' 2.2 on the Legend. (HTC has announced that it would release updates for all other droid phones, but irritatingly, the legend is missing from the list)

I would have actually gone for the HTC Desire (1ghz snapdragon processor and slightly larger screen as well as a better ratio of the camera), but unfortunately its not available in India.

HTC Incredible = drool. Not yet in India!

24K is almost what Legend is going for on the international ebay, so i don't think i am paying a surcharge here.

ah.. to answer the question:
I am planning to buy online from UNIVERCELL.in and get the charge converted into EMI on my credit card. But, i think to see it, touch it and buy it from a shop would give you the necessary tactical subconscious approval to empty your purse gladly.

Source : Knowyourmobile.com

Google announced that it will be releasing Android 2.2 in the next couple of weeks. However, which, HTC handsets will be receiving the Froyo update?

Well, according to Pocket-lint, HTC has confirmed that the majority of phones it released this year will get Android 2.2 – so, the HTC Desire and the HTC Legend.

Unfortunately, though, HTC Desire and Legend users will have to until after the summer for the highly anticipated update.

The primary candidates for an immediate update are the Nexus One and Motorola DROID – whether the Milestone, which is the UK equivalent of the DRIOD, will receive the same treatment though is presently unknown.

But what about all those unfortunate HTC Hero users? Well, considering they’ve been waiting for the best part of a year for anything resembling a OS upgrade, it’s not looking good and they’ll probably have to make do with Android 2.1 – if they ever actually get it, that is.

Which HTC Handsets will get the Android 2.2 update? - News - Know Your Mobile

Renegade said:
And if the Desire is rightly priced it will make sense to buy that instead of Legend.
Check this out:

HTC Desire on Ebay for Rs. 27,450

If Legend is gonna cost 24K, why not a measy 3.5k more for the desire?!

I guess its better to hold off till then as the prices might drop for legend
My old E61 is dying and I am also clamoring to get a new phone. Totally agree, it would be better to hold off buying a Legend for a while to see what happens around froyo update and availability of desire/pricing.

Anyways, pls let us the know the price if you eventually gave in to the temptation and bought one.

Thanks, Orangewrath.

Concern about whether Legend will get the 2.2 update is one thing, but the other important concern is whether Legend's 600 ghz processor can adequately power the froyo, in comparison to the 1gz snapdragons in other models. This is probably the biggest question till we see some dependable benchmarks and reviews on performance.

Went to Alfa tonight. The legend was priced 24.5K with warranty :S I was expecting 22.5K

Desire without warranty was 27K

Returned disappointed and empty handed. A friend bought X10 for 29K though.

Renegade said:
Went to Alfa tonight. The legend was priced 24.5K with warranty :S I was expecting 22.5K

Desire without warranty was 27K
Surrogate disappointment here.

damn.. looks like theres no choice but to wait for Desire's official release. Maybe this is a good thing wrt assured Froyo update, larger screen, 1ghz. If the present price difference (24k vs 27k =3k) persists after desire's release, I think the choice is would be quite obvious for many...

The Alu unibody thing of legend is just eye candy and sour grapes. [sigh]

^ 22.5k with bill & warranty?

Guys, when you quote a price pleae mention if it's grey market prices. The Desire coming for 27.5k on ebay is clearly grey. So the HTC Legend at 24k (with warranty) is not all that bad, considering that a Desire with warranty is likely to be about 29k.

But yes, shame on HTC for taking so long to get the Desire here. I had been waiting since earlier it was reported it would come the last week of May. But now they have pushed it to July. God only knows if July will also be or sure.

Bought the phone for 23.9K on Tuesday. Love the phone and UI. Slim and compact body, just the perfect size for me. Hate the fact that there are not enough apps available yet for android platform. No formula1 utility, no bookmyshow, no cricinfo's mobicast. I am sure most others will also not be there. What a shame.

Renegade said:
Bought the phone for 23.9K on Tuesday. Love the phone and UI. Slim and compact body, just the perfect size for me. Hate the fact that there are not enough apps available yet for android platform. No formula1 utility, no bookmyshow, no cricinfo's mobicast. I am sure most others will also not be there. What a shame.
Congrats on your purchase :D

There are quite a lot of apps for android and they are increasing by the day. I think paid apps are not available yet for indian market. You can browse android market on PC (sites like androidlib and criket) and download them to your phone once you have marked them in the site as favourites....

As far as I know, android has more (useful) apps than symbian v5 and is the closest in app quality to apple store

Back