Where to buy the HTC Legend from in Mumbai?

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
I might be going out to buy HTC Legend today. Was going to visit the Juhu Croma. Would it be costly there? Any suggestion on where to buy it from? Preferably closer to Andheri W.

Renegade said:
Bought the phone for 23.9K on Tuesday. Love the phone and UI. Slim and compact body, just the perfect size for me. Hate the fact that there are not enough apps available yet for android platform. No formula1 utility, no bookmyshow, no cricinfo's mobicast. I am sure most others will also not be there. What a shame.
I heard there are thousands of apps on the android market and 200-300 new ones are being added everyday, try Android Freeware: Download Free Android Software and Games

Yes there are hundreds of apps which I may not need. Even if I did, I cant. The android market just doesn't load. Regardless of that, I was pointing to the fact that android is not the accepted platform yet as far as India is concerned. For that matter even at global level, since formula1 is by no means a local sport. The daily commerce or entertainment apps that you would want to use are not yet available for the android platform. I am sure someday it will be but I wonder how long before that happens. Till then my phone is just a sophisticated toy with hundreds of apps.

Thanks for that link, I was frantically searching for a place from where I can download .apk files to install through my PC till I get Android Market to work.

@Renegade .. did you search regarding the problem Android Market not loading? AFAIK HTC Legend is one of the phones supported by Android Market. I have a lowly HTC Dream/G1. I am mostly happy with it other than a few quirks. There is an app called 'SlideMe' (SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace) .. which is kind of like an alternative "market". Their site also offers PC downloads.

Do you plan on rooting your phone? It tends to open up a lot of possibilities :)

Yes there doesnt seems to be any fix for this. I know about appbrain.com too but even that wont load. The root of the problem lies in the fact that the default dolphin browser doesnt work. Both market and appbrain rely on that browser to login and accept terms and conditions. Until that happens...

Dont intend to root the phone :)

OT : why not wait little bit more and get HTC incredible , specs and features look very impressive , the additional price would be worth it . Any body know when it can be available here?

Back