Where to find TV deals?

Can buy, I hope it is a new unit. Reliance offered me C2 48" for 100k.
it's a Oct 23 mfg unit in a sealed packing so hopefully it's new, rest I'll check the power on hours if I buy it, only concern with C2 is the lack of DTS support, I don't plan on buying any external speakers soon and I might face audio issues since I'll mostly play remuxes on it.

BTW, have you got any idea on the 55" models during Diwali sales? I asked around on hifi vision but haven't received any response there. I might score a c3 55 for 115k but the issue is since it's RD, they are giving me their 2 years warranty on top of LG's 3 year base warranty and I'm not sure how reliance's warranty might hold up

it's a Oct 23 mfg unit in a sealed packing so hopefully it's new, rest I'll check the power on hours if I buy it, only concern with C2 is the lack of DTS support, I don't plan on buying any external speakers soon and I might face audio issues since I'll mostly play remuxes on it.

BTW, have you got any idea on the 55" models during Diwali sales? I asked around on hifi vision but haven't received any response there. I might score a c3 55 for 115k but the issue is since it's RD, they are giving me their 2 years warranty on top of LG's 3 year base warranty and I'm not sure how reliance's warranty might hold up
115k for 55" C3 with extra warranty is a great deal, grab it IMO. In Diwali, you can expect C4 55" for around 125k, usually that's the case but can be different this year becasuse of rising costs, who knows.

Why would you even want to play DTS directly on any TV? DTS-HD/MA is only found on bluray remuxes which can't be played directly via TV anyway because of very high bitrates requiring much more processing power than what TV comes with.
nah, DTS audio is also included with good remuxes, and honestly if you are not gonna use your OLED for something like a good encode/remux then whats the point of it XD, that aside you dont need much processing power if at all if your hardware supports the format in question, you need processing power when transcoding is involved, and for a good transcode, you need better algorithms which again are more resource heavy, the bitrates are an issue if your network/storage/storage interface is not fast enough to play the file in real time.
@OMEGA44-XT I know you got your C3 as a monitor, but if you have an usb ethernet adapter, can you test out how its working on the C3? I need to buy an adapter along with an USB extender to get ethernet over usb, main use case will be to play remuxes and the built in ethernet is definitely not enough for that and the wifi coverage is bad where the tv is setup

Last edited:
nah, DTS audio is also included with good remuxes, and honestly if you are not gonna use your OLED for something like a good encode/remux then whats the point of it XD, that aside you dont need much processing power if at all if your hardware supports the format in question, you need processing power when transcoding is involved, and for a good transcode, you need better algorithms which again are more resource heavy, the bitrates are an issue if your network/storage/storage interface is not fast enough to play the file in real time.
@OMEGA44-XT I know you got your C3 as a monitor, but if you have an usb ethernet adapter, can you test out how its working on the C3? I need to buy an adapter along with an USB extender to get ethernet over usb, main use case will be to play remuxes and the built in ethernet is definitely not enough for that and the wifi coverage is bad where the tv is setup
A relative's 2021 Sony mid range TV struggles to play a typical bluray remux & I still doubt most TVs nowadays can smoothly decode peak 200-300mbps bitrate spikes (data from a reddit thread regarding playback of 4k remux on TVs). No standard remux (aka the ones allowed on top tier trackers) contain anything other than DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD as primary audio track along with AC3 audio as secondary audio track for compatibility reasons. Encodes are much easier to decode for a TV because of their lower peak bitrate requirements. Why do you think all Sony TVs even today come with 100mbps ethernet port only? It is because their internal hardware can't smoothly decode more than 100mbps bitrate videos anyway.

P.S. Ethernet usb adapters don't work on TVs unless their hardware has a compatible driver already present in the android version installed on TV chances of which are close to zero for most models.

P.P.S. You are supposed to use your OLED to watch remux/good encode by connecting it via a PC & use something like madvr & a mid range graphics card to send a highly processed HDR tonemapped video signal to the TV. :)

I don't have a USB ethernet adapter, heck I use my gaming PC over a WiFi 6 connection, not wired.

I don't have a USB ethernet adapter, heck I use my gaming PC over a WiFi 6 connection, not wired.
ah nvm then, I ended up rejecting the deal, the sales guy ended up recanting the extended warranty and wanted 15k/year, if I really gotta pay 115k I might as well wait for Diwali, what do you think?

ah nvm then, I ended up rejecting the deal, the sales guy ended up recanting the extended warranty and wanted 15k/year, if I really gotta pay 115k I might as well wait for Diwali, what do you think?
115k for 55" C3 is still decent. LG's 2 year additional warranty costs 25k, so will be 3+2. Your call if you want to wait for C4 as the green tint issue at extreme angles made me not consider C4.

Also, FYI, I get upto 200Mbps up & down on my C3 over WiFi (broadband is 300Mbps). Not sure why it doesn't get the full speed but speed is sufficient for streaming.

115k for 55" C3 is still decent. LG's 2 year additional warranty costs 25k, so will be 3+2. Your call if you want to wait for C4 as the green tint issue at extreme angles made me not consider C4.

Also, FYI, I get upto 200Mbps up & down on my C3 over WiFi (broadband is 300Mbps). Not sure why it doesn't get the full speed but speed is sufficient for streaming.
I'm counting on the fact that C3 might still get discounted more by diwali or stock clearance sale comes up for c3 once the c4/g4 are in stock. I woulda grabbed the C3 for 115k but it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'll try holding up for a few months before grabbing it

As for wifi, I can't use that because the wifi range is way too poor (tested with iperf), lan is the only way for that part of the house

I'm counting on the fact that C3 might still get discounted more by diwali or stock clearance sale comes up for c3 once the c4/g4 are in stock. I woulda grabbed the C3 for 115k but it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'll try holding up for a few months before grabbing it

As for wifi, I can't use that because the wifi range is way too poor (tested with iperf), lan is the only way for that part of the house
WiFi extenders exist, it is less intrusive than a LAN cable (unless you have LAN cable pre-installed within wall).

Cuts internet bandwidth in half, but 150Mbps on a 300Mbps connection doesn't matter much.
Actually, the bandwidth which is cut in half is not internet connection but the link speed with which the extender gets connected to primary wifi router. To give an example, a typical AC1200 wifi router sitting about 15cm above floor can't get its wifi 5GHz signal with decent/connectable strength through to just the floor below & the 2.4GHz signal pass through with around -70dBm which is good enough for a link speed of around 60-100mbps depending on connecting device capability & if the connecting device is a wifi extender then that 60-100mbps link speed will get halved when other device connect to wifi extender via wifi. That is why I prefer dual band routers with wds feature so they can connect at 2.4Ghz band to primary router & can then distribute that entire bandwidth via their own 5GHz band (same can be achieved in wifi extender by connecting the device via its ethernet port).
@altair21

Actually, the bandwidth which is cut in half is not internet connection but the link speed with which the extender gets connected to primary wifi router. To give an example, a typical AC1200 wifi router sitting about 15cm above floor can't get its wifi 5GHz signal with decent/connectable strength through to just the floor below & the 2.4GHz signal pass through with around -70dBm which is good enough for a link speed of around 60-100mbps depending on connecting device capability & if the connecting device is a wifi extender then that 60-100mbps link speed will get halved when other device connect to wifi extender via wifi. That is why I prefer dual band routers with wds feature so they can connect at 2.4Ghz band to primary router & can then distribute that entire bandwidth via their own 5GHz band (same can be achieved in wifi extender by connecting the device via its ethernet port).
@altair21
ah, I didnt know about this, I have a DLink DIR-2640 and it supports Wifi Mesh, I am assuming WDS is similar to it but admittedly I dont know much about routers, I'll look this up thanks

Back