Where to get good coffee beans

How did I miss this thread. This Nanopresso thing looks interesting to me, can you do a short review on how this thing works?

I am mostly using French Press with Attikan Estate from last few years as well. Looking to get better beans if possible.

Really short since I end up forgetting what I want to type.

1. I bought the Nanopresso (amazon India) along with the Barista Kit (Overpriced, so from the states) since my brother had the original MiniPresso from Wacaco which he had bought from Hong Kong a few years back.
2. The Nanopresso is simple to use. load up 7/8 or 14/16 grams approx of ground coffee, add hot water and pump away. There are a few tricks that one can use to enhance the taste, body, etc, but I'm not to fussy about it since I usually drink it as an Americano and it's extracted as a Lungo. Be default the the Nanopresso comes with a smaller basket that holds about 7-8 grams and a water chamber for about 60-80 ml. The Barista kit gives you a double basket and a 140 ml water tank.
3. Using my method you get serviceable drinks, but to take it the next level and I mean it really does make a difference if you go just by the taste and mouthfeel so to sepak.
a. Use good water. Either bottles or RO.
b. Make sure the grounds are the correct size if you order ground coffee. The Moka Pot size for Blue Tokai and Devan's works pretty well. Don't go finer as the water will not go through.
c. Don't stress to much about measuring the amount you put it. Tamp firmly, but don't overpack it.
d. For "properish" espresso use no more than half the capacity of the tank depending on the size of the basket.
c. You can use de-pressurized mode by removing a pressure valve if you want the ultimate control.

Feel free to ask any questions. Easier that way for me to give you the info.

Wacaco is coming out with a new model soon https://www.wacaco.com/pages/picopresso.

The Nanopresso has served me well since I would shuttle a lot between Delhi and Mumbai and buying a good machine for both places doesn't make sense for me as yet.

Also, by Basket I mean the Porta-filter

I drink single cup of coffee at night (not always) and like the taste of Nescafe ready made instant coffee sachet so what would you guys recommend, Since its a single cup I don't think its feasible to buy coffee maker so what are my options? Any recommendations for cheap but tastier instant coffee. Though those sachet were bought from UAE so the quality was really good.

P.S most of the times this coffee will be made by my maid and not me (99%... make it 99.99%) so would prefer something easy that doesn't take too much time

I drink single cup of coffee at night (not always) and like the taste of Nescafe ready made instant coffee sachet so what would you guys recommend, Since its a single cup I don't think its feasible to buy coffee maker so what are my options? Any recommendations for cheap but tastier instant coffee. Though those sachet were bought from UAE so the quality was really good.

P.S most of the times this coffee will be made by my maid and not me (99%... make it 99.99%) so would prefer something easy that doesn't take too much time

How do you drink it? Black, milk & sugar or cold?

Try Davidoff Espresso 57 if you like strong coffee and Davidoff Fine Aroma if you like the coffee to be light and smooth. These are instant coffee.

How do you drink it? Black, milk & sugar or cold?
Hot milk and sugar
Try Davidoff Espresso 57 if you like strong coffee and Davidoff Fine Aroma if you like the coffee to be light and smooth. These are instant coffee.
I tried Davidoff but not sure which one it was though I like light and smooth.

Found https://www.amazon.in/Nescafe-Origi...6N44/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B00ZP86N44&psc=1
Its not the exact product what my brother bought from Dubai but its the closest

Yeah true, and to tell you the truth I am least bothered about it since mom or domestic help will make a coffee for me (mom spoiled me)

Time to slowly revive this interest. Since my last post I've been using the Wacaco Nanopresso for my daily fix. There seem to be a few more espresso machines that have popped up on the market, but jeez very difficult to tell what is "genuine" and what is just rebadged China OEM stuff.

Also, have been using coffee from https://www.devans.in/ every other month alternating with Attikan Estate from Blue Tokai
Try Kalledeverapura pulp sun dried and silver oak cafe blend as well. Probably, you can get a sampler pack for trial. I use Moka Pot or French Press and I drink black.

IMG_20210713_162123~2.jpg

Trying out a few new ones and also experimenting with a slightly finer grind.

@dafreaking you also have Aeropress?

Do tell us your top 3 blends that you have tried so far, for me it's only Attikan Estate so far.

No Aeropress as yet. Trying to see if the preset grind for an Aeropress works better than the Moka Pot grind size.

Yeh for me nothing beats the Attikan Estate as yet. But, I am a cheap guy. Usually buy 1 kg pre ground from Blue Tokai. So the Barabara Estate was good for the first week then it lost it's charm. I think I will switch to twice a month instead of once a month for a little more freshness. Beats splurging on a grinder for now.

The sort of end game is a Gaggia Classic + maybe a Sette 270 grinder, but space is a problem.

I think I'll also just order an Aeropress soon.

No Aeropress as yet. Trying to see if the preset grind for an Aeropress works better than the Moka Pot grind size.

Yeh for me nothing beats the Attikan Estate as yet. But, I am a cheap guy. Usually buy 1 kg pre ground from Blue Tokai. So the Barabara Estate was good for the first week then it lost it's charm. I think I will switch to twice a month instead of once a month for a little more freshness. Beats splurging on a grinder for now.

The sort of end game is a Gaggia Classic + maybe a Sette 270 grinder, but space is a problem.

I think I'll also just order an Aeropress soon.
I usually buy 250 gm instead as even those last a month or two in my case. These 75 gm packs looks like a better alternative to me since I drink some Matcha as well along with usual Chai on rotation so I don't get bored of any one particular thing.

I like manual brewing and don't find it cumbersome, though of buying Aeropress many years ago. Let us know if anything can beat Attikan Estate as I like it bold taste, reminds me of Davidoff somehow.

In my experience Blue Tokai is overrated and overpriced. Devans offers pretty good quality stuff at right price. I have Aeropress, frenchpress and a Delonghi Dedica 685. For manual brewing I like the french press best.

Tried the Sandalwood Estate today. It's like a milder (tasting) but slightly more bitter version of the Attikan Estate. Either my sense of smell and taste are shot to shit because of overdoing it or maybe it just isn't that special. This sampler thingy was a good idea.

And wow. They have jacked up their prices for sure. 1 KG Attikan Estate would cost 1,300 a couple of months ago. Now it's 1,530.

In my experience Blue Tokai is overrated and overpriced. Devans offers pretty good quality stuff at right price. I have Aeropress, frenchpress and a Delonghi Dedica 685. For manual brewing I like the french press best.
I felt so too about Blue Tokai. Might explore Devans as option. Which is the closest to Attikan if you can suggest

Back