Other Where's the Mi Pad 2 and the N1?

Neo-N

Skilled
So, I was looking to upgrade my trusted 32GB Nexus 7 (2012) that I have been using as a media device for the past few years.

Noticed that besides the iPads (which I do not want --> Not within budget and iOS), the only good tablet is the Mi Pad. Other options from Lenovo and Acer are mediocre at best and I don't even want to talk about the Micromaxes!

That made me wonder where in the world is the Mi Pad 2 and the Nokia N1? Weren't these devices announced in 2015 and 2014 respectively?

Shouldn't these devices be in India already? Are they ever going to make it here? Is there any point in waiting or should I just go ahead and but the Mi Pad? :S

I had the same dilemma few months back. I didn't wait and decided to buy Mi Pad 1. Turned out to be the right decision.

Mi Pad 2 has same dimensions, screen size, resolution, memory and cameras (MP). Only thing it has better is its processor.
The Tegra processor inside Mi Pad is also great. The tab is good for movies, browsing and even gaming. Its a steal at 10k. Go for it!!

I have been using the mi pad 1 since its launch in India. Excellent tab, great screen quality, great battery life even now. The only con I can think of is the android version, its still stuck on 4.4.4, which is what it came with though the MIUI versions have been updated.

Still, for media consumption and reading combined, this has to be the best option available.

Yeah... I guess it's not the smartest thing to wait... Just that I was really interested in the Win 10 version of the Mi Pad 2. But the way things are, I don't have the slightest clue if or not it will even be launched in India with Win 10. :(

I'm in the same boat :/
Postponed tablet purchase for too long. I just want a good large non-ipad tablet within 25k :(
I guess I just have to make the dive and get the Mi Pad 1...

Hey I'm looking for the MiPad 2 win 10 variant also! Can we start a Group Order (GO) for this?

If such a thing is possible, I'd be interested (though in the android version).

^^ We could. But customs would kill it. I have extremely bad experience with Mumbai customs. Arbitrary valuation based duty is charged! :mad:

The question still remains!
Where are n1 and mi pad 2?
Did they just vanish into 5th world.

^^ I am still waiting for the MiPad 2! :|

Back