PC Peripherals which 2.1 speakers?

Emil

Skilled
I am getting together a low cost rig for a friend. I was planning to use BXR 1221 for speakers. But the review on another site is not too flattering even when compared with its peers.

I welcome suggestion for which is the best 2.1 speaker set in this budget range (around Rs 1000/-)

The review I am referring to gave better marks to the Logitech Z103 I think.

Update: The friend is willing to up the budget to Rs 2000/- or even slightly higher so come up with suggestion from which speakers you have heard and loved.

hey i bought a creative insprise 2.1 speakers about an year back....cost me 1600rs then...

model number m2600

sound quality is pretty decent for a speaker of this price range

has a bass control behind the sub-woofer and a wired volume conrol remote

^ Yeah I have the same since 3 years. Was wondering if something better has come along in the same price bracket. Have ordered Altec's VS2641.

Yup, 2521 are better than 2621. But personally speakers like t3130,s2621,2521 sound much the same after you set the equalizer according to your preference. Till date I've not seen any speakers which sound perfect without tweaking the eq.

But if you want something ground shaking go for razer mako or logitech z2300 :p

You can get VS2621 for Rs. 1600 in Chennai (maybe even lesser if you bargain harder). I also came across Pleomax (by Samsung) 2.1 speakers which I must say look very good but unfortunately the shop keepers were not willing to give me a preview as they didn't want to open the packaging and therefore cannot comment on the audio quality. The Pleomax 2.1 system I saw was for Rs.1500.

^Thanks. We already bought the VS2621. The first piece was defective. It just gave a loud hum from the sats when powered on even when the input was left unconnected. Got a replacement which I have not heard yet but my friend confirmed that it is working fine.

Back