Monitors Which 24" LED monitor to buy?

Hey everyone

With a lot a companies making 24'' LED monitors, I really don't know which one to go for. Currently I'm using a Samsung 17" LCD monitor. Budget limitations are around 11k. I'd prefer a warranty period of 2 years or more.

Usage - Gaming - 70%

Movies - 20%

Text - 10%

Which would be the ideal monitor for me? I saw some good deals at ItDepot and Prime ABGB.

Kindly help this poor gamer!!

Hey everyone

With a lot a companies making 24'' LED monitors, I really don't know which one to go for. Currently I'm using a Samsung 17" LCD monitor. Budget limitations are around 11k. I'd prefer a warranty period of 2 years or more.

Usage - Gaming - 70%

Movies - 20%

Text - 10%

Which would be the ideal monitor for me? I saw some good deals at ItDepot and Prime ABGB.

The BenQ G2420HD ~9500/- [24" full HD monitor, LED back-lit TN panel, limited DVI-out] OR

BenQ E2420HD ~11500/- [24" inch full HD, LED back-lit TN panel, with HDMI-out]

I suggest on account of your graphics card, you also take a look at some 22" and 20" monitors --

Dell ST2220L ~8300/- [22" full HD monitor, LED back-lit TN panel, with HDMI-out] OR

BenQ E2220HD ~8500/- [21.5" full HD monitor, LED back-lit TN panel, with HDMI-out] OR

Dell IN2030M ~6300/- [20" 1600 x900 (max resolution) monitor, LED back-lit TN panel, with DVI-out].

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Dell ST2420L-12k is another option-http://www.primeabgb...emart&Itemid=53

Gamers are not that poor
<

I once connected a Dell 24" ST2412H to my graphic card and played Crysis 2 and Assassins Creed Revelations in 1920*1080. Had no problems with my card. They all ran smoothly. So I'm sure graphics wont be an issue.

But I read in some review that the ST2420L isn't good for gaming. Something about it colours appearing to be washed out.

By the way, what's the difference between the Benq G2420 and the GL2450 ?

I'd suggest you to steer clear of those aging benqs as benq's warranty policy in india begins from 3 months from manufacture. So you'd lose about 1 year atleast. Same with samsung. But for gaming, something new and responsive like S24A350H would be better IMO.

Downside is, it only has VGA and HDMI.

How about Viewsonic & AOC ?

And isn't the Benq G2420HD a non LED monitor?

The BenQ G2420HD is a 24" full HD [16 :9 ratio], LED back-lit monitor based on a TN panel limited to VGA and DVI-D out. http://www.benq.co.in/product/monitor/g2420hdbl/specifications.

The E series monitor carrying the same moniker adds a HDMI-out option to the connectivity feature-set. Also this monitor [E2420HD] sports USB ports.

http://www.benq.co.in/product/monitor/e2420hd/specifications.

Hope this clarifies your doubts, Cheers!!

The GL2450 has a better Dynamic contrast ration 12mil:1 but it doesn't have HDMI support which G2420HD has so it's your choice.

Then GL2450 it is. I wont be connecting the monitor to anything other than my PC.

Btw how do I wall mount it? Is a mounting unit provided?

Any idea which online dealer is selling it for the best price?

I see one on ItDepot for 10.8k

The GL2450 has a better Dynamic contrast ration 12mil:1 but it doesn't have HDMI support which G2420HD has so it's your choice.

No BenQ G series monitor has an HDMI-out, the E-series adds that a v 1.3 HDMI-out to the same monitor.

Alpha17, the monitor you linked to is G2220HDBL which is different from G2220HD which is a CCFL backlit monitor.

I have linked two monitors --> G2420HDBL and the E2420HD.

if you want value for money, benq and AOC are good brands.. infact AOC is the company that makes the inside lcd panels and tubes for samsung.

i personally like benq. very simple decent design.

I just verified this both the benq G2420HD and E2420HD do not have LED backlighting ! G2420HDBL is LED lit.

Dell ST2420L i found only two or so reviews which said it wasnt VFM.

Asus VE248H has got a good amount of positive reviews on newegg. ~200$

You can take a look at samsung S24A350H. it's around 12k. 23 inch one costs around 10k. It only has VGA and HDMI but it's better than VGA and DVI IMO. As you're going to use it for gaming, it'll suit you perfectly as these monitors have great response times according to reviews of 22 inch one from digital versus, 23 inch one from cnet, 27 inch one from pcmonitors.

Back