Storage Solutions Which 240GB SSD out of these?!

I bought the Kingston fury, 240 gb SSD , Its running great , good product, value for money.
Cripples under heavy write loads

Just try copying multiple GB files from one folder to another or a conversion process in Handbrake or video editing.

There's something wrong with 4K writes too.

@pratikb @vyral_143 - just got to know about zotac premium ssd today. has an MLC NAND. I postponed my purchase. should I buy the zotac one now, or crucial bx100 itself? reviews look decent to good.

Last edited:
Samsung outsources nothing at all to create their SSDs, except for maybe the enclosures, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Samsung actually owns an aluminum mine somewhere. Complete in-house production gives Samsung a massive advantage over their competitors. Complete quality control, in-house R&D, lowest production costs, and streamlined implementation of technological advances are just some of the benefits that come to mind. All of these advantages add up to Samsung delivering exquisite SSDs that simply have not been matched in terms of performance by anyone in the consumer space for quite some time.

As anticipated, the 750 EVO delivers the goods. The 750 EVO takes planar TLC to a new level of performance in the consumer space. Performance that is good enough, in our opinion, to almost make MLC irrelevant. We are delighted with the SSD experience that Samsung's 750 EVO SATA III SSD delivers. While running the 750 EVO as our OS disk loaded up with data to 75% of its capacity, the drive provided a user experience that rivals any SATA SSD we've ever used. We were particularly fond of the 120GB model; we've never seen an SSD that small in capacity crank out performance like it does, and it only costs 50 bucks.

With a tuned-in Windows 10 64-bit OS install taking up as little as 11GB, there is still enough space left for the majority of typical users to live life in the fast lane at a cost that is mainstream. At this time, we are uncertain about the retail availability of the 750 EVO. But, we can tell you this much, if you see it out there, buy it - you will be glad you did.

Pros: 4K QD1 Random Performance Sequential Performance Low Price Point

Cons: Low TBW

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7560/samsung-750-evo-120-250gb-sata-iii-ssds-review/index11.html

The numbers on this drive are insane. Its a no brainer to buy unless you'l be writing data on it all the time.
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7560/samsung-750-evo-120-250gb-sata-iii-ssds-review/index11.html

Last edited:
thanks, but i eventually ordered the zotac ssd that evening itself after going through a couple of reviews.
I checked the Zotac one this evening. Seems pretty decent for the price. Where did you order? Price? Got it yet?

I was going to go for a 120 gb spare drive for hackintosh, but this seems like good vfm.

I checked the Zotac one this evening. Seems pretty decent for the price. Where did you order? Price? Got it yet?

I was going to go for a 120 gb spare drive for hackintosh, but this seems like good vfm.

i ordered it at primeabgb, for 4.4k (including the SSD bracket). got it delivered the next evening itself (y'day).

i ordered it at primeabgb, for 4.4k (including the SSD bracket). got it delivered the next evening itself (y'day).
Im thinking of ordering from there only. Was it quick cause you're in mumbai? Also performance ? And how was Prime ABGBs service?[DOUBLEPOST=1471155724][/DOUBLEPOST]
This zotac 120G is priced at a pretty sweet spot. 2.6K
http://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/zotac-ztssd-a4p-120g-120gb-ssd/

Let us know how it performs once you have it.
Thats a different product. The performance is not the same as 240gb. This one is premium with performance same as Samsung drives

Im thinking of ordering from there only. Was it quick cause you're in mumbai? Also performance ? And how was Prime ABGBs service?

prime's service has always been good. been using it infrequently since past 5 years. never gave any chance to complain. they use fedex now for deliveries. i am yet to connect the drive because i have to troubleshoot a couple of booting issues first with my ailing PC & probably the GPU too. finding or taking out time for that will be the challenge; while filling the shopping cart & ordering sundry things is easier.

Back