Which 50 inch TV around 40k budget?

Budget - Can stretch upto about 40k

Viewing distance - Around 8ft

Preference for brands. - Any brand with decent support

Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - No. Flipkart/Amazon only.

Ambient lighting conditions of the room. - Well lit living room.

Need something which is max 52 inches as my TV unit doesn't have space for any bigger.
Usage will be an average of 1 hour per day consisting mainly of youtube and OTT apps.
Although it will be nice to have a processor which can playback movies/tv shows from USB drives. Also if it can allow me to install apks/sideload apps.
Too much confusion to select one. Almost every one of them supposedly has every feature availble? HDR10 / Dolby / Motion smoothness / AI upscaling etc etc. Do they work as advertised?

Current shortlist :-

1. VU GloLED - 100W subwoofer speakers and ambient light sensor looks good
2. Acer H PRO - 76W subwoofer speaker

Vu should be good, wait for sale (rumoured to start on 10 Oct).

Don't expect true HDR as these are not FALD TVs, brightness is also 400nits or so.

For Google TV, you can sideload apks. I did it on Fire Stick as well.

I saw hdtv reviews on youtube and got a conclusion that ambient light sensor just dims the backlight a lot and the picture loses brightness and details. Good to read the comments where people having hdr tv's have said the same thing. Even on my non hdr dumb tv, there is a dynamic contrast mode which just makes the brightness look gray and picture dull all round.

Did you check hisense u7k, which is launching this Diwali. It's very much value for money. mini led for such low prices is very tempting.

TV looks good and VFM but sadly it starts at 55" and is out of budget..

Vu should be good, wait for sale (rumoured to start on 10 Oct).

Don't expect true HDR as these are not FALD TVs, brightness is also 400nits or so.

For Google TV, you can sideload apks. I did it on Fire Stick as well.

Yes shortlisting few models and will buy during the sale only..
400 nits should be sufficient for my use actually..
My old VU had the option of extended warranty but new ones just give 1 year warranty looks like..

TV looks good and VFM but sadly it starts at 55" and is out of budget..

Yes shortlisting few models and will buy during the sale only..
400 nits should be sufficient for my use actually..
My old VU had the option of extended warranty but new ones just give 1 year warranty looks like..
Not sure of the options. A friend of mine got 2 year extended warranty for 3k from Vu directly, that's all I know.

Back