Which Banks' Debit Card Support International Transactions?

Ray

Disciple
Which banks debit card support international transactions,google play,netflix,paypal,itunes,entropay,aliexpress,amazon.com,bestbuy.com,newegg.com

Debit cards from private banks can be used for international transactions, but you may need to get the feature activated first especially if the card is issued in 2014 or later.

It has been made mandatory by RBI that international transactions be disabled by default on for all new cards till such time as user requests for it explicitly. Further, only cards having EMV chips can be used.

Note that the usability of the cards is also subject to the merchant allowing them to be used. A merchant can refuse to accept an international debit/credit card.

Icici works everehere on eversite ,

100$ charges depend upon bank rate rather then current rate which are mostly 1 to 1.5 rs higher + 3.5% currency conversation charges would be charged on 100$ transaction

There is no fee for activation. Its just a measure to reduce chance of unauthorized usage and scams. However, there will obviously be a currency conversion rate which includes their commissions.

Ok i am also looking for same , i activated international on my HDFC but the person said they also charge 3% on each transaction which i feel is too much for expensive transactions.
anyway to buy from amazon.com cheaper ? will using paypal be cheaper ?

Last edited:
Ok i am also looking for same , i activated international on my HDFC but the person said they also charge 3% on each transaction which i feel is too much for expensive transactions.
anyway to buy from amazon.com cheaper ? will using paypal be cheaper ?

That is currency conversion charge. Most banks charge it at 3.5% around.

Does sbi support international transaction?

Their debit cards don't.
I visited their branch to ask them to enable international transactions on my VISA Debit Card and was told straightaway to apply for a new Debit card (had some name I don't rem now and also had a 5K MAB condition attached to it) to perform international transactions. I am pretty sure the person whom i asked the question was groping in the dark a bit and suggested this just for the sake of giving an answer. Even if i did get this new card with new MAB, I am not sure if it would work for international transactions even then. Heck, for that kind of MAB money, I'd rather go with ICICI or even HDFC for that matter, which I am going to by the end of this week.

Back