Which basic UPS to buy ?

Supra

Skilled
Need a UPS for back up power to my ADSL Modem + Wi-Fi Router. Can be quite basic. Also should not shutdown on low load condition :p

I have narrowed down to SuperComp(Rs 1100) , Powersafe(Rs 1400) & Numeric(Rs 1450). All are 600VA UPS. Any idea which has better service and warranty ?

Supra, perhaps those devices could run from the USB power if they are rated at 5V. What is the input voltage/amperage ratings for the respective devices? :p

^^ Are how will I run off USB when power goes off :p.......I need to keep the ADSL modem + WiFi router to be alive say full month :p...no way power to them can get disconnected :p
Anyways the ADSL model is a Beetel 220BX 5V @ 1A....also have another BSNL ADSL modem 10V@ 0.5A. The Wifi router is Buffalo most probably 3.3V@ 2A

Well my modem restarts even with a APC smart ups and that modem is a Dlink GLB 502t,which has a AC 220v to 9v AC adapter.
So if the modem has AC to AC adapter chances are it will restart even with a UPS,(except a Online UPS). Where as the wifi netgear router which runs on 12v DC based on SMPS type adapter,doesn't restart.

My friend has a power safe and the UPS switching time isn't consistent resulting in pc restarting.

^^ Thanks a lot for that pointer. The beetel ADSL modem seems to run off an AC to DC adapter only. Anyway I am taking the modems beforing buying the UPS

I am using my BEETEL 110BXI on my APC UPS 500. Even with all the fluctuations & power cuts it never restarts. I've also connected my download rig to the same UPS. Which in turn is connected to my Pure Sinewave Home UPS (Inverter). Whenever there is a power cut my rig + MODEM switches to my APC UPS & within moments it gets back to Inverter.

Even in a power fluctuation APC kicks in for that few moments & gets back to mains without rebooting the MODEM or PC... :)

Get Numeric... See that it has a wide voltage range for AVR....

Supra said:
^^ Are how will I run off USB when power goes off :p.......I need to keep the ADSL modem + WiFi router to be alive say full month :p...no way power to them can get disconnected :p

Anyways the ADSL model is a Beetel 220BX 5V @ 1A....also have another BSNL ADSL modem 10V@ 0.5A. The Wifi router is Buffalo most probably 3.3V@ 2A
Ah I thought your system had a backup power already. :p

Anyways, FYI you can power the Beetle 220BX 5V @ 1A using a USB cable. Some DIY stuff involved there.

Your best bet would be a cheapo UPS nevertheless. Get it checked from the shop before you buy. :p

Off Topic (KINDA) : Guys are these local UPS' really capable of delivering 600w ? Like can it really power my Rig for say 10-15 mins? Talking about the numeric one here, my local dealer is recommending that one, but i'm realy unsure if it can power my whole rig.

APC, Only APC.

The new 500/550 VA NON-ONLINE ups costs between 1800-2200. TRUST Only APC, I have been using their products for more then 6 years now and am more than satisfied.

Is there any cheaper solution for powering a setup like this for about 5-10 minutes rather than going for a full 600 va UPS?

Back