Car & Bike which bike - Pulsar220 or R15 or wait for any new one... ?

If u want Looks / Style, then definately go for the R15
If u want power / performance, go for the Pulsar. It wont dissapoint u a bit !

I bought a Pulsar just before the R15 was launched. N even if i had both the options, my heart wud have gone for the Pulsar anyways :)

Ohh.. I didnt read the above post :( Anyways congrats on ur Purchase :)

Well here is the pic :)

The initial lot of the P220 seems to had some problem with bike like sound from rear disks, starting problems etc..

But the newer one's are completely trouble free.
In the last 1 week, i have traveled ~250km(120 in the last 2 days) and i did not find ANY problem with it...
The bike starts in single crank even @ 5am in Bangalore :)

Overall iam completely happy with my purchase :D

Before buying this bike, even i thought bajaj sucks. But seriously, the 2009 version of Pulsars are completely different from older pulsars.
I rode my friend's FZ16 and it was good but the gear shifting is much more slick in P220.
Anyways what we want is a good product irrespective of whether that company is from Japan or India! (MANY have the conception that anything indian suck and anything foreign rock! :no: )

^^Well the problem usually arises when a person is tooo much loyal to a particular brand(read: FANBOISM!)

I would say "Pulsar 220 Dtsi Rocksss" ;)

Arre no man... M not a loyalist....

And even i own a Pulsar only... N i dont think i'll ever get the same pleasure riding anything else ;)

Now dont get naughty naughty :p

I can't believe if someone says gear shifting is more smooth in Bajaj then Yamaha :no::no: though I have never rode FZ :p , But new Bajaj bikes are good, atleast when they are new, don't know what will happen after 2-3 years :p.

i hate bajaj coz they don't know the meaning of the term "exclusive".. all the bikes look freakin same.. next year 180/200 will look similar to the current 220.. :mad:

foruamit2004 said:
I can't believe if someone says gear shifting is more smooth in Bajaj then Yamaha :no::no: though I have never rode FZ :p , But new Bajaj bikes are good, atleast when they are new, don't know what will happen after 2-3 years :p.

Actually even i was surprised!!

Even my friend(we exchanged my bike and his FZ for a short ride) was surprised that Bajaj bike's gear shift was so smooth!

After some google searches and after reading reviews, i found that in P220 Bajaj has used gears from a company called Rico( Welcome To Rico ) which supplies automobile parts to companies such as Honda,Hero Honda,Suzuki,Jaguar,Volvo etc.

So i guess thats the reason why gear shifting is better in this particular bike.

PhotostarSR said:
^^Well the problem usually arises when a person is tooo much loyal to a particular brand(read: FANBOISM!)

I would say "Pulsar 220 Dtsi Rocksss" ;)

True...

I would say "Pulsar 220 Carb-type 2009 rockssss" ;)

PS: @Others planning to buy new bike: "Pulsar 180 DTS-i 2009 (UG IV) also rocksss"

@Chooza: Nvm, you should learn a little bit from people experiences if you never had one.

Got my P220 on 6th of this month.. Ohh.. What a bike! the difference between this and my old pulsar 150 classic is like day & night :hap2: Pure biking nirvana...

Even the Apache RTR 220 variant might be coming soon. I think i would wait for some more time this year.

yogi7272 said:
Any info abt this new pulsar 220 variant ..

Bajaj readies radical remedies

As I am almost ready to buy one here comes a new 220.. Also I personally dont like the fairing of current P220 .. Any news/ info when it coule be expected ? :)

Are you talking abt the Pulsar 135 LS??

Since the current P220 has a "F" word written on its fairing, there is a speculation that a "S" version with normal fairing is coming at jan end.. something on the lines of now discontinued P200 but with P220 engine and stuff .Apache 220 will take a lot of time if indeed tvs is planning it.. Pulsar 135 is a different bike and its already out on the roads. Have seen P135 and it looks good..
http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/news/11193-p220-s-version-coming.html

Yes, infact it has been spotted already :p
Spotted! New Pulsar 220 S

yogi7272 said:
Since the current P220 has a "F" word written on its fairing, there is a speculation that a "S" version with normal fairing is coming at jan end.. something on the lines of now discontinued P200 but with P220 engine and stuff .Apache 220 will take a lot of time if indeed tvs is planning it.. Pulsar 135 is a different bike and its already out on the roads. Have seen P135 and it looks good..
[NEWS INDIA]: P220 : S-version coming - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

I think new Pulsar 220 Naked version is a good buy. It offers everything the regular 220 does, but at a cheaper rate. I think the Bajaj Pulsar series is a reliable buy. It is trusted by thousands of people and the service network is also good. Bajaj has also been carrying out modifications to its bikes through all these years, making improvements in every department.

I'd like to see a Yamaha 200cc bike (Fazer?) to challenge the Pulsar. Will it happen though?

I was asking the same question to myself but with the over increasing numbers of pulsar and the problems that the bike is facing cause of mass production ( 2 of my friends 1 year old pulsars have silencer cutting issue, 1 had total cut and had to replace) i am not eyeing for a pulsar anymore.

Thinking and trying to get money for R15 cause I dont want FZ and Fazer is just like a transvestite of FZ and R15 which kinda freaks me out :fear:

Back