Graphic Cards Which brand should i go with?

ALPHA17 said:
Yeah be wary though if you get a defective piece you'll face a problem that can't be solved for atleast three months, two months for card to heat up and die (as in my case) and then 1 month for RMA and reinstallation of card.

ALPHA17 said:
^^No just cautioning you what happend to me, I would prefer if you take Sapphire OR HIS based card but in the end call is yours, just MSI will not be my first recommend. Go ahead with the HAWK, I got that when I RMA-ed my older MSI HD 5770 (after frying).
But few months back you were praising MSI for this same 5770 RMA when you posted this

ALPHA17 said:
^^

This is baseless I got a brand new HD 5770 HAWK edition when they could not replace it with a standard HD 5770 which got fried :(, but their service front was polite and to the point so much so that they contacted me after the time-frame ( for replacement ) expired and assured me that I would get a replacement for the card in a week, you just need to pressure them a bit like call them every 2 days speak to a higher level executive and all, it'll pan out fine Digilink has a good reputation for handling RMA's better than Rashi :) Cheerio

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/msi-warranty-sucks-180095.html#post1667535

@OP

You wont need better than 5770 to play on 1440*900 resolution with all settings high for any game. 4.5k with 2 years + warranty is a killer deal. You can go for it. 5850 is overkill for your monitor resolution.

If you want to buy new, get directly from Tirupathi Enterprises. Their after sales services are superb, also if something goes wrong pretty soon, you will get direct replacement from them instantly, I got my 3870X2 replaced twice instantly from them. They are real good. I will give you address if you want.

:)

Let me clear one thing, SAPPHIRE has 3 years warranty on new products. So close your eyes and go for sapphire if your budget restricts you, but do remember that MSI 5770 HAWK is overclocked and best performing card, So spending 500/- more n gettn HAWk is best bet

Dude and yes, I will recommend get a new card rather than buying it from some second deal... Will cost you bit more, but worth the money. And yes like APLHA17 said, 6670 is goin to hit the shelves soon and its more or less the same as 5770

I checked the benches, and 6670 is an under performer compared to the 5770. And seriously dude? you think 5770 a yearish old will be worse compared to a new one?

Pernicious said:
I checked the benches, and 6670 is an under performer compared to the 5770. And seriously dude? you think 5770 a yearish old will be worse compared to a new one?
5770 wont be worse, it will still be bit ahead of 6670, but games in which tessellation counts, 6670 will performance par 5770.

Arjun said:
But few months back you were praising MSI for this same 5770 RMA when you posted this
http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/msi-warranty-sucks-180095.html#post1667535
I did not say the RMA is bad, the fact that 3 weeks I had to roll back to a 8500 GT and had to suffer earlier about issues like high tempratures, card idling at ~ 85 degrees what to do now.

I'm just saying the build quality is not top notch as Sapphire or HIS. There have been issues of MSI motherboard MOSFETS burning out on stock clocks this issue has been raised in TE already, infact the last post on that thread is yours.
http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/need-help-buying-processor-motherboard-under-183565-3.html Post #39.

Pernicious said:
then what's with MSI claiming the HAWK with MILITARY CLASS components? all fake?
NO friend, its not fake, those really are military class components. I had a good time with MSI RMA when i had 8400gs 2 years back. My first card was damaged by playing crysis for long periods continuously, so I gave it to MSI centre in mumbai, They told me it couldnt be repaired and they gave me a new brand replacement for that card (I dont kno If was lucky to get a new one)...

Bottom line is that if we use those electronic components within the limits they are built for, then its obvious that we wont need to chase RMA centres. Respect your components, they will respect you and work longer. Kinda superstitious , but worth. :clap:

lol msi no where :-(

Anyway the hawk or any msi version is not in stock here atm, and the prices are weird around 8600/- I'll wait I guess or get it from somewhere else.

chiragsthakur said:
you forgot sapphire for AMD.... no doubt one of the best ati/amd manufacturer

Pernicious said:
lol msi no where :-(

Anyway the hawk or any msi version is not in stock here atm, and the prices are weird around 8600/- I'll wait I guess or get it from somewhere else.

those are what i recommend...and everyone has a choice.

I ordered a Saphire 5770 just now. It was a good deal at 7500 with a 16gb USB drive free from ebay. And have bought from this dealer before. You can consider it at this price with the free gift.

eBay India: Sapphire Radeon HD5770 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/D Port (item 130514399265 end time 29-May-2011 11:59:09 IST)

where exactly is the 5770 available for that price ?

Altair said:
Go with the Sapphire 5770 for 4.5k.Its a full value for money deal. :)

vinayaga said:
I ordered a Saphire 5770 just now. It was a good deal at 7500 with a 16gb USB drive free from ebay. And have bought from this dealer before. You can consider it at this price with the free gift.

eBay India: Sapphire Radeon HD5770 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/D Port (item 130514399265 end time 29-May-2011 11:59:09 IST)

where exactly is the 5770 available for that price ?
Must be a second deal.. 5770 at 4.5K in India ia almost next to imposs. But you may check lynx india, they have very aggressive pricing.

You have got a nice card with a nice offer.. njoy

^^^ Thanks buddy. Even with Lynx, if you add the taxes (which are NOT added to the price on the main page) and shipping, we get the same pricing. And the 16gb drive will easily sell for 1k, thus bringing the card price to 6.5k :)

Actually, I wanted a card that blows the hot air out of the case through the rear vents instead of a open fan that just blows the air into the cabinet itself. This is the reason I rejected the powercooler, Asus and MSI as I read in the reviews that the Saphire 5770 vents hot air from the back side, but close inspection of the pictures make me feel that maybe this is not true like a HIS IceQ does. So did I buy in haste ?

Any idea about this as I have to wait till my card gets shipped !

I think for your monitor resolution (1440X900) and download rig, I strongly recommend HD5670(or better wait HD6670). It can play most games in 1680*1050 in medium settings. So, in any case, you don't require HD5770. btw which PSU u have? if you have a generic one, add 3k for FSP 450W. Also add double the power consumption wrt HD5670 for 24*7 system. This really doesnt make sense.

Buy HD5670, save on PSU and save on power. I am sure you'll be able to achieve high settings in 1440*900. Read some reviews of HD5670.

Back