Graphic Cards Which brand should i go with?

The 5670 is good no doubt for his requirement, but in terms of idle power consumption, the 5670 and the 5770 both idle at less than 19watts. So the 5770 draws juice only when there is activity.

^^

Ya thats true; but for his monitor resolution, why there is a need for 5770? As per reviews, 5670 should more than good at that resolution. Also, 5670 works with generic PSUs.

If he's buying 5770, i wud strongly recommend upgrade his monitor to 1080p(Dell ST2420L - LED+HDMI awesome one) and also a good PSU. with this he can enjoy more.

What do you say?

I have a VX550. It will have no trouble whatsoever handling any card :p It may even handle a GTX480 :p

But seriously? I want eye candy on my current resolution, as in good/high settings, will the 5670 be able to deliver the same to me? even 2 to 3 years down the line?

Thanks!

Pernicious said:
I have a VX550. It will have no trouble whatsoever handling any card :p It may even handle a GTX480 :p
But seriously? I want eye candy on my current resolution, as in good/high settings, will the 5670 be able to deliver the same to me? even 2 to 3 years down the line?
Thanks!
Then go for a HD 5770 and upgrade your monitor later, the HD 5670 will not be able to pump out frame-rates till even the next generation of games.

Well, a new doubt has come up. In my area (city), Kolkata, the 5770 Hawk is not available.

Sapphire, MSI and XFX 5770 are available. I personally do not want to go for XFX as Rashi support is terrible here. So among the three which one should I go for? Note that it's the 5770 normal version we are talking about, and not the HAWK.

The Sapphire edition has a better cooler shroud + larger fan than the standard MSI HD 5770, its a no-brainer.

okay...thanks

Is this right, my friend said me to go for the normal sapphire over the msi hawk, as he said the custom cooler exhausts hot air inside the cabinet, whereas the reference cooler exhausts it outside the cabinet, so it's better to go for reference card. what do you guys say?

sapphire has two models for 5770... are you talking about flexi version or the normal rear exhaust one??? Anyway it doesn't matter much for 5770 IMO. You will be fine with both...

Pernicious said:
I am talking about the normal version.
The Sapphire edition has a better cooler shroud + larger fan than the standard MSI HD 5770, its a no-brainer.

I meant the same with my post, get the Sapphire version as its got a better designed air circulation system, runs cooler and performs more or less same on stock and can over-clock quite a bit too, except doesn't have a few features like the voltage checking mechanism provided on the HAWK, and dedicated power MOSFETs.

okay, Sapphire it is. And I am just asking this for information purpose, that if you don't have very good air circulation in your cabinet, you shouldn't get a custom cooler? as it exhausts all the warm air inside the cabby itself?

No depends on the third party coolers design, if it a water cooler / contact pipe design (passive cooling), cooler air based fan types, air cooler fan + shroud types -->

The air cooled fan design -- this one exhausts the hot air directly into the cabinet.
Fan + shroud air design -- depending on the shroud design air flow is governed.
passive cooling -- you push the air through the heat-pipes so where the air flows, how it flows governs the cooling is basically very basic and highly wasteful in my terms (until they are the tower air coolers put in push-pull configuration)
Computer cooling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Technology Review Central » Computer Cooling Methods
Hope this helps.

Back