Car & Bike Which car for 8L? Full option hatch or base sedans?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All,

So my first car, i10. was in an accident around 2 weeks back. My parents were in it. But God's amazing grace both were saved. Only had some bruises and scratches.
The car is wriiten off as total loss by insurance. The car flipped 3 times, hit a post and was stuck in a drainage. Yea God is awesome and merciful :). :hail::hail:
So i am in the market for a new car. Safety is actually paramount for me.

My total budget is 8L OTR.

My options are:

1. i20 Asta Normal or Option one.
2. ???

For this money, do i have any other cars to consider. I understand for 8L I can get a full option hatch or entry level sedan.

Your suggestions and price please.

Thanks.

Yes, another wait it out opinion, but this has to be worth it :
If you can, wait and watch out for the Honda Amaze sedan, the top end should have all the safety features and will perfectly fit your budget.
Otherwise, there's always the fully loaded i20.

+1 for Honda Jazz. In that budget, you'd get the fully loaded X version.

you can also consider the Nissan Sunny XL if you want a sedan. has massive legroom. unfortunately both of these only have 2 airbags. I am not aware of any cars in that budget that come with more than 2 airbags.

Since you were driving i10 I am assuming that you are ok with Petrol vehicle.

Depending on the location the price can vary buy you can buy Honda City Corporate Edition.

In Bangalore on road price is 8,58,982. I heard that you can get discount of 30K + 10K as corporate discount.

so around 8L you would get the best petrol sedan. It had Dual air bags, ABS etc..full safety kit.

Only flip side is you may have to purchase additional Audio gear and locking system.

Dad was overtaking in around ~50Kmph... a lorry hit from behind. The car was flipped due to it. My dad is driving for over 40 years *touch wood*, first time this happened.
My uncle was following them with his family in their car. I never liked the tall boy design, crappy gear, awful plastics. But i couldnt afford a more expensive one. Parents said since it was my first personal one, that is enough.

Yea only petrol ones are preferred.

- - - Updated - - -

No I cant go over 8L as of now.

- - - Updated - - -

And No Jazz please. I dont like the design. too boxy.

The city option seems to be enticing. :)

:(... more money...more money... :(

- - - Updated - - -

punto seems to be an old model now. and the interiors...i dont like.. :(

Since your family has already been in an unfortunate incident, before anything else, consider these features as a MUST in what ever you choose to buy ABS and Air Bags

I would recommend Linea T-Jet, though it is not in production anymore. Best in class handling,tank like build quality safety features, awesome to drive.

You have to push your budget to around 9.5L.

For 8L, you can get petrol Linea.

Firstly, thank god your parents are safe, as for the insurance, how much do you get?

I am surprised no one has suggested the char-buster Maruti Dzire. Take a look at it total VFM option and legendary economical and ever available Maruti ASS, not a Maruti fan, just giving another alternative.

Firstly, thank god your parent are safe, as for the insurance, how much do you get?

I am surprised no one has suggested the char-buster Maruti Dzire. Take a look at it total VFM option and legendary economical and ever available Maruti ASS, not a Maruti fan, just giving another alternative.

Maruthi Swift Dzire is proven , practical and VFM car , not recommended for it's high waiting period.
At 8.5 OTR you would get a top of the line Diesel Dzire.
I beleive Dzire Petrol has very less waiting period.

OP - If interested you could call your nearest Maruthi retailer for the wating period.

I was in a similar dilemma (top hatchback or base sedan) and finally chose i20 Asta crdi.

Comes loaded with a ton of features.
Can't really beat the rear leg room in sedans but it's very sufficient.
The steering is on the lighter side.

I was in a similar dilemma (top hatchback or base sedan) and finally chose i20 Asta crdi.

Comes loaded with a ton of features.
Can't really beat the rear leg room in sedans but it's very sufficient.
The steering is on the lighter side.

Yea, the i20 is a great drivers car, packed with features, but the rear legroom is kinda bad, one of my close friend owns one, and I hate sitting at the back, so take a test drive and see for yourself.
@kestrel5915 how much mileage is it giving you?

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Around 13 in city bumper to bumper traffic.
Around 16 on highway.
AC/blower is always on.

It's only been 2 months and one service done so I guess it should improve now.

Depends on would you be needing a big boot.

Toyota Etios , Dzire , Manza , City CE with ABS and Air bags options come within 8 - 9 Lakh bracket for both Pertrol & Diesel.

@Jasku.

Perhaps 2.5L. 3 years old i10 Magna.

@others..

As i already said, 8L is the max. It was 6L. :)

My options as of now

1. i20 Asta
2. City Corporate Edition
3. Nissan Sunny Top variant

Anyone know anything about bolero???

Last edited by a moderator:
Bolero? Why do you want that? Decades old structure. Bad to drive. In that size, Ertiga is a much better choice. Zxi should be in your budget. How much does the entry level Duster cost?

Back