Car & Bike Which car shall we look ?

I am in the market for a car too, but the taxes and high fuel prices are keeping me away from buying a new one. Like 50% goes away as taxes and rto.
Screenshot_20220415-202142_Opera.jpg

why do people say, skoda after sales/service is not good? is this their own experience?
yes, once we use to own sokda fabia, service centre drama was in par with balajee telefilms.
where others like maruti/tata take 1 day for servicing they will ensure to waste minimum 3 working days of your time. And god forbid if you need any parts - 1 week easy with possibility of stretching to month.

skoda car build quality is best - but after sales is worst
Like 50% goes away as taxes and rto.
what to do man. this is the country we have to live.
even if you so for pre-owned, they will factor in the pricing. so dont think much, get what you want to get.
dealer logistic handling charge
what is this, how we ensure they they are not looting us ?
in general what are the things we must keep in mind and double check.

TIA

I am in the market for a car too, but the taxes and high fuel prices are keeping me away from buying a new one. Like 50% goes away as taxes and rto. View attachment 131712

Handling charges is SCAM and court has given its ruling
refer - (2 links)

Also, get vehicle insurance from outside which will be around 40% cheaper

Handling charges is SCAM and court has given its ruling
refer - (2 links)

@Ramadhir Singh
No dealer will let you go without selling the insurance though.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Yaris. There are good deals on them both new and used. Depreciation will be higher than the city, but with toyota the service will be great
On another note - Honda City Hybrid is supposed to be launched next month

I'm no expert but I've heard lots of good things about the TATA Nexon (I also love the design) and Creta old model.

I'd like to know more about this for a bike. Thinking of getting the Hero Xpulse.
Where do I sign up for insurance? I don't want to get overcharged. How does online insurance work and how will they apply in case they don't have office in my area and I need to claim it?

I'm no expert but I've heard lots of good things about the TATA Nexon (I also love the design) and Creta old model.

I'd like to know more about this for a bike. Thinking of getting the Hero Xpulse.
Where do I sign up for insurance? I don't want to get overcharged. How does online insurance work and how will they apply in case they don't have office in my area and I need to claim it?
You can opt for Hero Splendor EV which came recently.
And you will get insurance automatically if you buy a new bike or you want to renew an existing insurance policy then you can do so via Phone Pe application and get a printout instantly within 10 to 15 mins of payment. There are many insurance companies offering their policies and you can opt for which ever suits you best. Just look in it once.

As much as I like the idea of having an EV I will avoid it for now till the industry matures properly. I don't know about the latest govt policies but we can buy insurance separately here.
What policies are recommended in general?

These kits are not very reliable, I recently booked an iQube electric scooty from TVS. Thought of checking this Splendor EV after you mentioned it.
Good thing to hear. I think since the renders came they might be testing it somewhere in India and we might hear in the next 3 to 4 months. I mean the actual launch.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Yaris. There are good deals on them both new and used. Depreciation will be higher than the city, but with toyota the service will be great
On another note - Honda City Hybrid is supposed to be launched next month
You mean the Taxi car right?

@Ramadhir Singh
No dealer will let you go without selling the insurance though.
Dealer's main job is to sell cars, whose price is set already set. They make maximum margin on these extras - insurance, spares and services etc. They try to push some of these during your car service. You can reject any of these if you don't want/like.
For new car, insurance is mandatory for taking the car outside the showroom. You need to talk beforehand to insurance guy and get it ready by the time car is getting delivered to you !!!

@iPwnz You need to talk to insurance guy's like Bajaj Allianz and they will give you quote for brand new car having all bells and whistles like the one you get from the showroom like Nil depreciation. For bike, I dont think so there will be much saving but still you can check once.
I renew from policybazaar, never taken new once, so, no idea.
Online insurance guys are just brokers, when claim arises, actual insurance guys comes for verification

Back