Graphic Cards Which card for me ?

So if I were to purchase the BFG Tech 6600GT OC, along with my current 1GB ram and P4 3GHZ, would I be able to run any game with the highest settings?

Thanks for all your comments btw, I really appreciate it.

you'll be able to play at high res. but you can't have the max aa and af. But its a very good card and VFM. It also has a Blue LED in the fan;)

Yes indeed, any game at 1024 x 768 with some amount of eye-candy and details will be playable. It is the best AGP card in the mid-range segment now.

@ Saiyan - Died ? :S How ?

^^ Yeah that was a concern of late cause the prices they are offering in India are insanely cheap for true BFG cards, so ostensibly they have to be rejects.

Anish said:
One helluva improvement ! Atleast 40-50% and maybe more at higher resolutions.

Thats an understatement! A 100% improvement at the very least would be more realistic. The FX series were pathetic!

Once you turn up the resolution and add AA/AF to the mix, the FX 5600 just cant keep up, and i'm willing to bet the performance improvement can be as much as 200% in certain cases.

An X800XL would be at best about 50% better than the 6600GT. The 690 NZD is a bit out his budget, hence refrained from recommending it and instead asked him to wait a bit to see if the cheaper Sapphire X800XL comes back in stock :)

Aces170 said:
^^ Hmm any proof of the same ?

No proof man, but just compare the prices of BFG Tech cards sold abroad and BIG cards sold in India.

Also, the BIG cards are clocked at 525/1025 as upposed 525/1050 of BFG. BFG cards going so cheap, something doesn't seem right about it ;)

OT : Some of the prices on that site are wierd. A Sapphire X800SE is for 621NZD and a X800XL VIVO is for 627NZD :S

I think the same about BIG, it died in 2 weeks for me, dont know how. Gave it for replacement on 3rd of this month to BBC office in chennai, still haven't got it, told they'll give me on last saturday, told they'll give me on monday, then postponed to wednesday, then today, and from today to coming wednessday. they are dodging me. Have i made a big mistake on buying BIG???? I bought it for Rs.9300/- The bag i got with the card got screwed.

You guys seem to be missing the point here. Assuming BFG is an OEM for BIG does not mean the cards they design for BIG would be backed up with the same OC guarantee/quality they give on their own range of cards.

The "OC" tag is what makes BFG products stand out from the rest, i'm guessing either BFG Tech arent interested in putting out that level of efforts while designing the OEM cards, or BIG simply never asked BFG Tech to design cards in the same league as their "OC" range when supplying cards to them (probably the case, looking at the cheap prices).

@Saiyan: Most other people seem to be doing fine with their BIG cards, so perhaps this is an isolated case. Nonetheless, its always recommended never to start OC'ing your system from day one. Give it a week, maybe more before you start pushing your system. Any and every component needs a particular amount of burn-in time before you start pushing it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back