which cheap air cooler for bangalore

guys , as you know , bangalore temperature has raised in summer and i think we require coolers (not was the case 2 years ago) ..

suggest me some cheap air coolers for my room (small room - 4 m wide)

I have both

on my personal experience .. air coolers are better ...its natural .. trees + water + fan

AC has liquid ammonia gas(artifical) .. its not good for health. You may get allergetic skin and mild headeches if u sit in AC for long time.

I have both

on my personal experience .. air coolers are better ...its natural .. trees + water + fan

AC has liquid ammonia gas(artifical) .. its not good for health. You may get allergetic skin and mild headeches if u sit in AC for long time.

In Ammonia based AC systems Ammonia is not mixed with the air and its completely safe. This is the first time I am hearing about skin allergies and head aches, and I don't think that is caused because of the AC system.

Air coolers increase the moisture content in the room air, and its not good for health.

Air coolers increase the moisture content in the room air, and its not good for health.

Dry air is one of the common causes for nasal irritation, bleeding nose, dry skin, cracked lips, etc. Adequate levels of humidity can alleviate most of these problems. However, if the cooler is not maintained properly, and of there is insufficient ventilation in the room, it can lead to excess humidity and associated disadvantages like infections due to mold. These can especially cause problems in people having asthma.

If properly maintained, and if the room humidity is not allowed to exceed 50%, then air coolers can be equally good and sometimes better than an AC.

Personal experience and if you want to know more, please do a Google search.

Well my personal experience has always been in favor of air coolers as they maintain air temperature in the most natural way possible. A/Cs use artificial means of cooling the air and while they are very comfortable, I don't think they are any better than coolers for health reasons atleast. A lot of people have problems such as runny nose or a headache due to the sudden change in temperature when they step out into the heat from an A/C room or even an A/C car for that matter. I would rather say its more a matter of personal choice and the ambient weather. In the dry heat months of Delhi, coolers feel more effective and comfortable but come the monsoons and the humidity nothing seems to do the trick except an A/C.

In any case you are more than welcome to post credible links using Google to support your initial claim.

last but not least.

buy either inverter series or at least 4 star rated .

they are worth extra oney and they save your electricity bills in long run.

and ammonia and all are not mixed with air in AC.

Air coolers are not good for health. Get an AC.

Thats non sense.They bring in fresh air,the humidity levels aren't much as long as you open the windows.If you switch on the air cooler in a enclosed room then it makes matters worst,physically uncomfortable.

As for people suggesting its not good for bangalore,in my living room of 400sqft which doesn't have a AC,it has air cooler it bring the room temperature from 34°C to 28°C in the afternoon,if you put the air cooler in a smaller room of around 170sqft it drops the temperature to 24°C and if you right next to it the temperature is around 16°C all these measurements based on a large desert cooler with advertised cooling capacity of 750sqft .

While the AC in the bedrooms are a lot cooler and quieter ,the power bills will be quiet high if i have to cool larger living rooms.

While I have two ac's and a cooler, I like cooler the ones that are available in Nagpur, called desert cooler. They beat AC's hands down anytime.

yeah 4 x 6 feet size..i have one at my home in nagpur...in bangalore i bought kenstar small room cooler for 3.8k for this summer

Last year I bought this: http://www.shopclues.com/vox-fls-420-100w-air-cooler-with-remote.html
The room where I installed is 12x11 ft and not facing the sun. I found it extremely comfortable.
I used to switch it on at around noon. And humidity level in the room used to reach uncomfortable levels around 5pm. However, after that I used to run it only on blower (no pump) until midnight.
During the night time fresh air is cool enough so there was no issues with humidity. Timer option to switch it off sometime after midnight was added advantage.

Regards,
Mohit

Back