Which city or place sucks the most?

nRiTeCh

Skilled
As the title says which city or place sucks most in your opinion-- can be either your hometown, where you study, your native place or can be anything where you have been for touring or visits.:)

IMO pune sucks big time for lots of HELL reasons.:tongue:

Will go in detail as everybody goes on contributing. :p

Feel free to share your experiences/ stories in brief. Speak your world and let everybody hear it.

Mumbai for sure. Lot of water problems even in prime areas like bandra west and the water transported from these water tanks are extremely dirty that there's simply no point boiling it. People and their colourful habits another long story that many/few can agree on that and doesn't needed to be emphasized on.

Bangalore sucks to be honest. The State government is pos and all their projects have failed basically. The traffic sucks big time, Airport is too far and everything shuts 11:30-12am sharp without fail. Alcohol is about 10-20% more expensive compared to other cities.

The only good thing is the weather which will be gone too with the rampant cutting of trees. Thank God I'm not a Bangalore native and just have to stay for sometime more.

IMO Pune rocks :p

ronit said:
As the title says which city or place sucks most in your opinion-- can be either your hometown, where you study, your native place or can be anything where you have been for touring or visits.:)

IMO pune sucks big time for lots of HELL reasons.:tongue:
Will go in detail as everybody goes on contributing. :p

Feel free to share your experiences/ stories in brief. Speak your world and let everybody hear it.

cisco_tech said:
Ha ha. True. but we have bootlegger who charges twice/thrice for booze. :(
Ironically the maximum consumption of alcohol is in Gujarat, which is supposedly a 'dry state'

...lolZ:eek:hyeah:

pune sucks in following terms:-- My experience in past 28 months.

A neat guided complaint

Pathetic people all over-- No one will guide you properly. All seem selfish esp. shop owners. If a shop has no particular product he wont recommend or tell us similar shop where we can get it no matter what. We simply hear mujhe pata nahi or aisa koi shop idhar kahi nahi. Poona people think they r real rajas n maharajas. Not a single person will guide you or talk to you properly. They will either be very aggressive or ignorant or simply act Khadoos with you as if doing any ehsaan or upkaar on you. :no:

Today we were at JM road nr McDonalds and nearby there is CROCS shop, my uncles kid liked the shops look and he demanded for a snap off his cellphone and while taking the snap the croc person came out and started shouting and so the nearby watchman saying its not allowed and is illegal n etc etc..and were very harsh & said no shops will ever let you take their shop snaps. WTF? Crap n bullshit:S.

We can freely take snaps of any offices and even reknowned car showrooms then who the hell is this croc in front of them? In Mumbai or any other places we can freely take snaps of any shops and anything unless specified.

Odd bus services-- Bus frequency is worse than anywhere and so is their condition and bus fare. They charge high fares but just look at their maintenance, bus can breakdown suddenly for no reasons anywhere. No windows no proper seats and at times just go on a single DIM headlamp. And after 9:30pm very low bus frequency service to many areas of city even though you may see many people everywhere. Buses wont stop at busstops no matter ther are empty, until you wave hand or even that wont help at times.

To add--

Tin covering the engine which has been already detached from corners..u can also see the road and engine part of bus throgh it!!!

Lights inside the bus are also very dull(jst like 0 watt bulb!!).U will feel like,u have gone to some village side and sitting in Candle light!!

I think PMT buses has never gone through OILING of their engines especially BREAKS!!

Bcoze whenever driver applies breaks,u will get a forward jerk of 3-4 foots!!!!!

Have a SAFE & at on your own RISKABLE JOURNEY in PMT BUSES!!!!!!!!!:bleh:

Auto rickshaw-- Well what to say about these here? The meter goes on and on so fast, even fast than the autos speed. Where we can travel for say 12 bucks these auto meters will shelve your 17 bucks for sure. They charge you even for their own return journey--WTF. :mad: and at times they simply charge you flat rates and wont take you by the meter ways.

BTW using same pune mfg meters in mumbai and they seem very economical---shame poona shame :tongue:

Traffic issue-- Unsolved and will remain unsolved for ages to come:-- They dont know how to tackle the traffic so the RTO keeps on changing the routes from time to time n now its one way in most parts. Still no outputs-- i pity seriously.:tongue:--poor pune-- Also if u wanna enjoy free side rides, then this is the perfect place. You can drive in any directions here ulta as i would say, so dont get amazed if suddenly any vehicle comes from front on left side lane.

Women reservations-- If you happen to travel in PMT buses then be ready to face embracing moments from poona women regarding seating rights.

They have full left side row reserved and wont allow any gents to seat there but r not ashamed to sit on any gents seats. It means the transport system is only designed for these ladies and not any man. If you seat there they will DEMAND you to get up and if you deny then they will do jabardasti and start giving bad words. Unke hi baap ka raj hai jaise..

A total injustice on man here.

Is this what is called pune?? Aurat ka gundaraj??

A real pollution FREE!! for all city-- If you have a clean surrounding and r missing some dirt then this is the place to visit and grab some kachra and dirt and what more, you will get much added bonus free of cost.

People in pune dont have money or simply dont regularly check their vehicles for PUCs but they do want BMWs and Audis to own. They dont deserve any such good things infact they should ride a bicycle. They are kanjoos and at times only for themselves they have abundant money to do aiyashiis.

A common man cant even walk on streets, roads or gullies freely without using a piece of cloth around his face just coz of this dangerous pollution.

Global warming is increasing due to a city like this.

Monster men-- Men here will keep staring on your moms, sis, girl friends, or any lady from head to toe. As if men here havent seen a women in recent centuries.

If that was enough then if a girl is standing for an auto/ bus or for any reasons, ongoing men no matter any pedestrian, or truckwalla, tempowalla etc. will especially park besides her and starts to shoot out all kinds of raunchy words to the poor girl, they may even say like 'Chalti kya?' or "for whom u r waiting, come lets go" all sorts of comments on her dresses, physics and what not....just cant speak any more. :ashamed:

It simply indicates that people here have no serious work to do but they do have their precious times for something like this. I pity thier own women- daughters, sis etc.

Kab sudhrenge??

NeXT said:
Bangalore sucks to be honest. The State government is pos and all their projects have failed basically. The traffic sucks big time, Airport is too far and everything shuts 11:30-12am sharp without fail. Alcohol is about 10-20% more expensive compared to other cities.

The only good thing is the weather which will be gone too with the rampant cutting of trees. Thank God I'm not a Bangalore native and just have to stay for sometime more.

Dude bangalore is awesome compared to North Indian cities.
Especially old delhi, kashi, mumbai areas can make u vomit......

And not to mention U have to be in an AC tank all time....Bangalore has atleast one good advantage of awesome climate......I have started to love my city after I visited Ulta Pradesh, Bihar etc...

Chandigarh is one place I liked a lot due to its planning....though temps are like crazy.

And most of all PPL(general public) in bangalore are softspoken compared to UP, bihar etc....

Ask for a direction......remove 20 bucks......
this happened in mathura when we asked for temple location from ppl who sell pooja item.......Reply: U buy stuff u get direction.

PATHETIC......:mad::mad:

at least in bangalore u get directions for free.....Ya i knw some autodrivers are very rude and cheat.....but I have met guys who have taken me for a free ride:clap:

Keane 16 said:
All big cities in India because they're full of morons. Shimla is quite nice though.

the last time i visited......it was becoming like garbage. In 10 yrs it will match the rest of our Gr8 cities.

for now ppl and place is impressive....its getting too crowded though.

+1 to iGo.

@ Ronit: As for Pune, I agree on every single word you said. My reason for liking pune was the good weather and I had my friends there which was like heaven for me.

Pathetic people all over-- No one will guide you properly. AGREED
Odd bus services-- AGREED. Best Solution not to use buses
Auto rickshaw-- AGREED. Best Solution not to use buses and ricks. Buy a bike or a car. :D
Traffic issue-- AGREED. No Solution
Women reservations-- AGREED. Best Solution not to use buses
A real pollution FREE!! for all city-- You feel like in Warzone with masked people all around . :tongue:
Monster men-- Hmmm. Never got a chance to see this. Maybe in the old city. Not in e square and Koregaon etc.

ronit-

I am not sure of your rants against Pune.

Maybe the floating populace has spoilt it now if it's as bad as you make it sound. :S

Are you a floater too? :)

Plus what you say is quite true for other metros too, especially in certain areas and depending on individual experiences.

What i definitely don't want to see anywhere is crime/injustice, especially against women, children and the elderly.

Corruption is unwanted too but that maybe a lost cause now unfortunately.

Coz we are all corrupt in certain ways and in varying degrees- some more, some less. :(

ronit said:
If you happen to travel in PMT buses then be ready to face embracing moments from poona women regarding seating rights.

OMG. :O A lot of men must be using PMT buses then? :ashamed:

Do you too, for the same reason? :p

Mumbai City.

not only city, basically anything beyond andheri / parle on west side.

Life is lot better in northern suburbs to be honest. Have 24 hours power and 24x7 water here, my locality is still very much quiet and green.

I know its matter of days, but I like it here for now. But hate travelling to city due to traffic and pure madness.

Pune is honestly quiet good. You do need your own transport there, but other than that its all fine. Public transport is joke here.

But place which I hated most was old Delhi. Have really bad experience itched permanently in my memory.

Place I love the most in India is Munnar :p

I wish I had a permanent home around there somewhere.

I would request the mods to close this thread, as things are progressing towards discrimination on the basis regionalism, culture and language. A place maybe awful and it's people rude (may appear so) but that discussion has already caused a lot of tension among people and bloodshed.

Bangalore is the city one could complain the least about, roads are wide and well maintained. Traffic at peak hours of Bangalore is comparable to traffic at 3AM of Secundrabad. Lots of trees and people are helpful and majority can actually speak(or answer back) Hindi unlike any other city in the south.

Someone forgot to mention KOLKATA ??? :p

You can imagine KOLKATA as the universal set of all problems. Couple of examples:

1. If you have a sudden sickness in public, no one will give water or even care to help you. Instead, they will watch like vultures till you die. :mad:

2. If a political party which isn't even registered as a party call for a strike, there SHALL be a strike. Besides, 2-3 men/women can barricade the main streets for all day. WB is the only place I can think of being better without POLICE.

@shripad, I agree on MUNNAR. Perfect place to stay. I have couple more places to name but I won't. Because still very few people know about the place and I won't increase the numbers. :p

Back