Which company's switches I should buy for my newly constructed house?

L&T are good and priced reasonably. But availability mostly depends on area and location for switches etc. Can try crabtree too.

In crab tree also people say there are problems. I was told that anchor roma is good but I read some reviews saying that they faced problems with roma. Recently anchor has introduced a modified version of roma (roma plus). I am quite confused. L&T does not seem to be very popular. Anyway I will explore this also.

Based on recommendations of my electrician, Le grande and MK have lower failure rates. Anchor Roma has a very high failure rate, and I have also experienced that personally.

I have just constructed my house. I have GM switches in my house and Anchor Roma for rented house. I havent faced any troubles so far. Best bet would GM i.e. GoldMedal, their designs are good too and affordable unline Le Grande and Crabtree.

Recently got switches replaced at my place during painting. Electrician recommended those "GM" (gold medal) switches which we got installed. It's only been a few days and they seem decent enough.

Had installed a few LeGrande switches a few years back too, both the LG and GM we chose the plain white colour/finish. Both attract dust/dirt and need to be wiped regularly to avoid ugly build-up.

Can't make out the difference between quality/finish of LG versus the GM :)

Legrand fan regulators (not sure of the exact model) installed in my aunt's house die almost as soon as they're installed and cost a bomb (300+). Basically you end up with off and full speed. This is in kerala so not sure if they're extra sensitive to the crappy electricity there. But GM seems to work well enough and is reasonably priced. Have never had good luck with most anchor products, especially Roma in the last 2 decades.

Get plain white ones of any decent brand. And get atleast 50% more for changing later cause they become unavailable in 2-3 yrs. Also get spare regulators.

Back