Which Console to Get for 20k

If he's used PS controller in the past, then only it makes sense to go for a PS3 otherwise XBOX 360 has a way better controller which in turn makes gaming more fun ;)

vasim21 said:
If he's used PS controller in the past, then only it makes sense to go for a PS3 otherwise XBOX 360 has a way better controller which in turn makes gaming more fun ;)
ya ps3 controller sucks...

I would suggest to buy a PS3 if you wanna play nice exclusive games. Buy Xbox 360 if you are a multi-player guy.

Don't worry about the graphics. Xbox 360 has slightly better graphics than PS3 but anybody who plays on PC regularly will find both of them inferior to their taste.

Main Requirement is that it should be moddable and should be able to play ahem games.

Which Xbox 360 model is easily moddable and vfm?Also let me know about ps3 models which are moddable.

A stable mod would be for 360 only. If he gets a JTAG 360 from somewhere, then he's set for the rest of his gaming period. It's hassle free and you don't have to keep updating every time a MS releases a new firmware. PS3, in it's current JB position, is only capable of playing older titles which required 3.41 firmware. It also plays a hand-full of 3.50 firmware titles via debug patch application method. So if modding is the main aspect he is focussing on, then 360 would be a better option.

^The X360 Arcade. Costs about 12.5k. Some of the peeps can buy the console, do the JTAG mod and hand it over to you for under 20k IINM.

Desecrator said:
^The X360 Arcade. Costs about 12.5k. Some of the peeps can buy the console, do the JTAG mod and hand it over to you for under 20k IINM.
You mean we need to get it from retail store and then get it JTAG?

JTAG and modding are same thing right??

well, here's the deal.
1. if u have a budget of 20k n don't care about the remaining 1000000000000000000 Rs. u wanna spend on original games, then PS3 is the answer. If u don't want to spend the remaining 100000000000000000000 Rs. on originals, xbox 360 arcade comes for 12k n can b modded easily, so u can run "backups" of "ur" games on it at a price which im pretty sure is much lesser than mentioned earlier :)
2. If u want better graphics? Ps3 is the answer as compared to 360 but der is maybe a difference of 0.0013 between them.
IMPORTANT - I'm pretty sure both the consoles are gonna get outdated within 2 yrs max, so if I were u, or in this case, ur friend, I would purchase the cheaper alternative.
IMPORTANT 2 - read somewhere that Sony is coming up with a USB hardware upgrade for the Ps3 to make it a next next gen console. If that is true, then I would go for the Ps3 (cuz next next gen xbox would cost a bomb). But then, it might be a rumour, so you will have 2 check up on that. Cheers!

PS3 for sure..mainly cuz there r some exclusive games for PS3 that any gamer jst hav to play.. also depends on ur choice of game genre.. if u like action-adventure, u jst have to play Uncharted series.. games like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, GOW III make PS3 really great choice.. as far as graphics issue goes, there is only an infinitesimal difference.. also you got a budget of 20K, so that makes PS3 perfect choice for u..

Back