Which country is suitable for a Drupal Developer? Canada (OR) Australia ???

mojo

Adept
Hello Folks,

I'm a Drupal developer looking to move to Canada or Australia. I'm having a total experience of more than 4 years developing websites based on Drupal. As of now I'm looking to move out of INDIA. Currently there is a program called Federal Skilled Workers migration running for both Canada and Australia. In this program I should apply for PR from here in INDIA itself and after getting the PR I will be eligible to go and find a job. There are some consultancies which will take care of all this process and they even help us find some suitable employers too. They charge some amount for all this. The problem here is I'm not able to decide whether to believe in these consultancies or not. Is there any kind of questions I need to ask the consultancy people so that I could know whether they are genuine or fake?

How good are the openings for my platform in these countries? There are many people here in our community who are working abroad or came back to INDIA working abroad. Please guide me regarding this.

@booo @raksrules @m-jeri

Thanks in advance.
MOJO

Not sure about job openings but in order for you to apply, the first step would be to give your IELTS exam, there is a lot of paper work involved but you can do it yourself so I would advice against going to these so called consultancies.

^sorry you are being naive if you think there could be Drupal opportunities in oz just reading by that news article. There could be or may not be.

Whats the reason you want to move out? You can work from remote and earn in dallars if you are skilled.

@avi -- > I was just kidding there in my comment above.
Right now I just want to leave our country and work for atleast three years. Then after it depends on the situations here. Not only money but also fed up with the system here.

The other thing is I will not be having any problem in Australia. I have friends living in Gympie, Australia. They are citizens of Australia and I can stay with them until I find a job.

Yes. What @Rave said is very much correct. There are a numerous opportunities here and also a lot of competition for a less pay. As told before, earning is one of the reason and not the only reason to move out from INDIA.

@Being.smart Soon after I find a job bro. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1404533656][/DOUBLEPOST]Another doubt I have.

If we get a PR for Canada, are we eligible to travel to US to find a job. Or is it only applicable for those who are with Canadian Citizenship?

US still leads the way when it comes to IT job market but they dont have any skilled migration program, so unless you want to get citizenship by marriage to a US citizen, your only other option is H1b which again is an employee sponsored visa.

As for travelling to other places once you have a PR, that is not the case, even after getting a permanent residence status, the visa policies remains the same for other countries, US in this case. You might be able to get a visitor (b1) visa relatively easier if you are a Canadian permanent residence but working in US would still require you to have a work visa, in this case, H1.

Unfortunately not everyone gets handed things easily or have the luxury to "Honeymoon" in foreign places. Most have to work very hard to achieve it.

This thread is for a sincere career advice and guidance, the viability of Australia or Canada as a temporary retreat to build up ones matrimonial profile can be discussed elsewhere in many of the other threads in GT.

I dont know much but maybe you can think this way -
Does any of these 2 options allow you to consult on your own? I would take the one which offers it.

The constraint of having to have a job and a work permit attached to it is always stressful.

Back