Video Which DTH for 46" TV??

raksrules

Elite
I am soon going to buy the Samsung LED UA46B6000 46" TV. First i will check the performance of my cable (incablenet) on it and if i find it bad, i may be switching to a DTH service. Now use at my home will be as follows

Which service should i opt for amongst Tata Sky, Airtel DTH and Reliance Big TV ?

I suppose the TV i am going to buy has a component in. I really dont understand about all this but read somewhere it is good.

Picture Quality is of paramount importance. Will be used mostly for normal Hindi channels like Sab TV, Star TV, news channels and movies channels.

Suggestions Invited.

Going only by the picture quality,big tv will beat others any day.but it has got it's share of probs like a big interfering logo,crappy customer care and stupid channel packages(a wee bit on the costlier side).tata sky has got gr8 pic quality,good interactive channels and gr8 customer care,but again it's costlier than airtel.airtel on the other hand has gr8 pic quality,ok customer care(my prob of no signal was actually resolved by 'em within the hour of calling,but some people are not satisfied with their response) and last but not the least is it's totally vfm, with it's all inclusive packages.

As i mentioned that PQ is important but i would also like to have a complete good package and VFM thing. I just came back from Vijay sales outlet and they had attached the tata sky box to the TV that i am going to buy. It was looking very good on the TV. Tata Sky seem to have unanimous good reviews everywhere and i may opt for that but only after i test how good or bad my current cable connection looks on this TV. But i am expecting the least.

do notfor TATA sky

mind my words ...it is the crapppiest among all

i have 40" panasonic viera on which i firstly used tata sky and it's pretty disappointing

for me that it didn't stood at all at my expectations .......

i installed my tata sky to a smaller TV which i have & it's workin fine their.

go for any else ..............

(the problem was that of the picture quality)

cheers

Oh this is getting confusing now. Obviously PQ is important since getting a big screen TV does come with its hassles that i need the SD content to display really well. What do you use now instead of Tata Sky ??

But i have seen maximum people get Tata Sky at their homes. But yes 99.99% whom i know do not own a LCD TV but a normal CRT one.

Videocom d2h (all channels at a price of just rs275/month and no hidden taxes)

All companies are using same technology and i think there should not be diff in quality and if it is, reason can be quality of stb/antenna or the reception in your area.

Still you are confused then go with either tatasky or airtel ;)

With all this confusion i hope my cable is able to live up to the PQ expectations on my new TV (when i buy :p) so i am saved from switching to DTH or at the most i am able to buy some time before i join the DTH bandwagon.

raksrules said:
Oh this is getting confusing now. Obviously PQ is important since getting a big screen TV does come with its hassles that i need the SD content to display really well. What do you use now instead of Tata Sky ??
But i have seen maximum people get Tata Sky at their homes. But yes 99.99% whom i know do not own a LCD TV but a normal CRT one.

i use DISH tv on my LCD tv

probably because old is gold

yeah vedeocons D2H can prove to be a good choice:)

The 7 star digital set top box is also supposingly good right ? then why isnt anyone talking about that .
The amount of channels that they provide and even the picture quality is very good afaik.
But havent seen airtel and big tv but 7 star digital set top box is way better than tata sky !

I looked at Tata Sky and Airtel and Airtel seems to be VFM i suppose. The economy pack looks good at 200 rupees a month (when six months subscription is taken). I suppose there is only 20 more channels in the mega pack vis-a-vis the economy pack. Are there any major channels that are missed out in economy but available in Mega.

well i have both airtel and big tv,the big tv clearly has the edge in terms of PQ,drawbacks is not so great Customer care,huge logo and channel/program info,but on the bright side switches way faster then airtel,which btw with the latest software update is realy slow.
the pros of airtel is the UI which looks good,the logo is almost transparent never catches ur attention,universal remote with fuctions to control tvs volume,ON/OFF and source.
airtel CC above 11pm are ignorant and sometimes rude,they hang up and if u call more then 5 times a day ur number is banned.

If PQ is what you want then Big or Sun DTH is for you.

If reliable service is your prime aim then Tata sky should be your choice.

Overall balance of PQ and CS, go for Airtel.

Regarding pricing, no one single operator can be termed the cheapest. It all depends on the combination you want. Don't be fooled by the numbers game. List the channels of your choice and not just any crap. Once you have listed what you definitely want, see what combination gives you the set in the lowest price. That is the most complex part in making a choice because of the odd packages provided by most of them.

Back