Which forum software is TE using???

POLYGON

Disciple
Well I tries to guess it but unable to, b'coz the smilies are like that of IPB but the layout is more like phpBB. But in whole it looks like none of them

What's the mystery guys???

Yep, TE is using vBulletin from Jelsoft Enterprises!
[rank=www.vbulletin.com]vBulletin Homepage[/rank]

BTW, admins, vB 3.0.8 is already out! ;)
Update.... Update.... :p

is it vbulletin ??? Shocked!!!
Vbulletin looks so simple on guru3d and Xtremesystems

PPL @ TE must have worked VERY hard to come up with this SEXY skin :)
.All congrats ppl :eek:hyeah: :hap2:

Sorry if the comments hurt anybody :p

heh. Nah M8. there are los of custom skinning and hacks here at TE.
XS and Guru3d are not using any hacks and hence simple layout.
And ya it takes lots of efforts to do that and also maintain bug free and fast forums.

~HeadShot~ said:
BTW, admins, vB 3.0.8 is already out! ;)
Update.... Update.... :p
we are aware of it but upgrading is no easy job with hacks installed.
we can't afford any downtime at this stage. so, not taking chances.
besides, 3.0.8 is a periodical update with no real additions frm end user perspective.

yeah that's gr8
Well this forum software must have been costly.:)
Can i ask u QUICKFIRE the hacks installed on this forum (actually I am creating a forum for my college's alumunus) and a nice looking skin as well???

Yeah, just for the info QF, how much did vB cost you ? And also you are using Dhost right ? What hosting plan did you guys choose ?

@POLYGON
If you have vbulletin installed for ur college forum, you can get more hacks and skins from www.vbulletin.org tat site lists all hacks available with details. we have some custom coded hacks too (exclusive to TE) that are not available for sharing. the skins used for TE are exclusive too though skins for vb can be found all over the net, just google it. ;)

@anishcool
vb pricing details are available here -> http://www.vbulletin.com/order/
and currently TE is hosted at Site5 (www.site5.com). They have many plans to chose from. I'm sure you'll get one specific to your needs. Hosting and other details are strictly confidential. :eek:hyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
POLYGON said:
thanx 4 the info QF
BTW Which is the best forum software :
1. vBulletin V3
2. Invision Power Board V2.0/2.1
3. phpBB v2 PLUS
actually depends on ur preference..
vb3 and IPB are almost similar though vb is more popular.
phpbb has less features compared to above and is FREE.

POLYGON said:
thanx 4 the info QF
BTW Which is the best forum software :
1. vBulletin V3
2. Invision Power Board V2.0/2.1
3. phpBB v2 PLUS

you should try smf.

it all depends on what you want to do,
if you know php and sql and want a paid good forum, IPB/Vbulletin are best. Lots of options(prior to 3.5vbyulletin i would have said IPB was more powerful... and i am talking stock boards.. not hacked) Hacking ofcourse Vbulletin rox.

For free.. phpbb is good but if you like hacking i suggest smf.

than Supernova for your suggestions
Yes I need a PAID forum b'coz we don't have to care about the Hosting costs {College's server will do that for free}
And php+sql is the way to go (b'coz Linux is intsalled on the server so NO to ASP)

I have tried phpbb {personally I don't like it};I had thought with vB having a plain interface IPB wud be the best BUT now I am thinking of 1st testing beta 3.5 VB then move on to IPB 2.1 and finally BUY one of those

Back