PC Peripherals Which HardDisk

x86

Skilled
guys .. my dealer has qouted me 5650 for the 250 gb hitachi hdd and havent qouted me nything for wd hdd.
i'd like to know the best 250 gb hdd and how the 16 mb cache makes diff over 8 mb? and which one shud i go for?
shud i try raid?

Raid is useless. Raid 0 doesn't really work on regular drives (maybe Raptors) and Raid 1 is only for highly critical security apps.

I bought my Hitachi 250GB SATA-2 for 5.3k last week so try to negotiate the price to atleast 5.5k

Performance is great till now (touch wood !) it doesn't even have that irritating noise of Barracuda's

Never Raid your Data drives, its very risky.

Go for the 250GB Hitachi itself.

As every1 else says, it has a better presence in india.

im happy with my 250GB WD though :D.

I beg to differ anish... I have used RAID, am still using it.. It makes a difference believe me. What I do is use 2 160 gig HDD's in RAID 0 and have a 250 gig single. This is only possible on the 925x sys as my 875P has only 2 SATA ports.
I'm planning on another 250 gig HDD soon and will also go with either the T7K 250 or the WD 250 caviar.

RAID brings down loading times a bit and speeds up video editing quite a lot, mainly because of the pagefile usage...
RAID 1 ain't necessary cause these HDD's don't crash that often. And for the same reason RAID 0 is decently safe..:p

Don't listen to these jokers :tongue: dada... Khareed le.. chala ke dekhna. No regrets here.. besides Vandals always RAID..what else can I say..:eek:hyeah:

dada ko muft me milega na one more 250 gb? :bleh: as of right now i am going for a single 250 gb due to financial probs but as soon vandal buys one i'll ask him to send tht to me so tht i can test and buy one more :D
how bout this idea guys? :bleh:

x86 said:
dada ko muft me milega na one more 250 gb? :bleh: as of right now i am going for a single 250 gb due to financial probs but as soon vandal buys one i'll ask him to send tht to me so tht i can test and buy one more :D
how bout this idea guys? :bleh:
abey macchar...:p Phir tu jyada bola... ruk abhi phone karta hoon..
Ok budget nahi hei.. I didn't say buy NOW... try it somewhere down the line and you'll realise that RAID 0 makes a diffi..
btw I have 3 160 gigs, 1 200 gig and 1 250 gig... kaun sa chahiye?? Jabalpur aayega to doonga..:bleh:

Till Today I am trying 3 Brands of HDD

1) Segate - Starts making Crack Noise some after 3 yrs of Purchase but not crashed till today (Thank God)

2) Hitachi Deskstar 7K series - starts making noise on 3rd day of Purchase

3) Samsung - buy 2nd hand 4 months ago with 15 months warranty remains - till now no problem at all (touch wood)

I suggest go for Those Brand for which Easy Replacment Available and long term warranty too.

man i love samsung this 40 gb os around 3 years now i have formatted over 120 imes i swear its perfect ,, runing it has also got lots of jerking and stuffs but still mint thnnk god i need to back up the datas :bleh: though.

Got the Hitachi 250GB for Rs4650 here. Actually freaky got it and i was with him.

And most people store lots of movies/music of various types/genres - some which i can mention here and some which i cant ;)

Raghu.

Raghunandan said:
Got the Hitachi 250GB for Rs4650 here. Actually freaky got it and i was with him.

And most people store lots of movies/music of various types/genres - some which i can mention here and some which i cant ;)

Raghu.
Where did u get that hard disk from & where in India are u getting it in that Price??

Im in delhi -- any clue to get it on that rate here ?

mehargags said:
Where did u get that hard disk from & where in India are u getting it in that Price??

Im in delhi -- any clue to get it on that rate here ?

In madras aka chennai. Let me know if you want me to help. I can courier it if you want me to.

Raghu.

Stick said:
Hey Mod !

You delete my posting here !

Is it rally Offensive?

I don't think so

Kindly note, Off-topic posts i.e. posts not related to the thread will be deleted, as we'd like to keep threads clean and easy for people to follow :)

We always have the Chatterbits section, should you feel the need to engage in any other discussion ;)

My vendor quoted me 4750 for Seagate 250gb SATA.....
Good that this thread notified me of the price drops, i was waiting to buy another 250gb but was waiting for price drops.

Whats the current price of the hitachi sata-2 250 gb or nething more like a 300, 400 ?.. can some1 pm the price and post it here as well .. cheers

ya even i`m waiting for a price drop on the 250 giggers... cause i also wanna buy a sata - usb case.. for my 160gb sata..so i could use the 250 as internal and 160 as external...:)..

hmm so what's the latest price of the 250gig, segate. ..

I got a seagate 300GB SATA2 for 5.3K all incl. The Hitachis are more expensive and don't come in the 300gig variety. If you see the hdtach thread, the new seagates seem to outperform the hitachis by a fair margin. Good deal I must say.

Back