Budget 41-50k Which is a better laptop

Hi,

Not filling the questionnaire as the user needs the best bang for buck between these two

vs

The MSI one looks better. Please share your views.

Thanks

Is your friend staying in the same city as yours? If yes, I would suggest to purchase a brand which has better ASS in your area with similarly spec'ed machine given that you have encountered frequent issues with your laptop. That includes Dell, Lenovo and others.

MSI has had it's share of bad name so again, check how is the service in your area.

5500M can be considered slightly faster than 1650Ti, but MSI doesn't have well-built budget laptops or decent after-sales. So MSI is usually a no. HP Victus with R5 5600H + 5500M was 56k on sale, usually 60k. Try to get that.

5500M can be considered slightly faster than 1650Ti, but MSI doesn't have well-built budget laptops or decent after-sales. So MSI is usually a no. HP Victus with R5 5600H + 5500M was 56k on sale, usually 60k. Try to get that.
+ @Kaleen Bhaiya This is needed by someone who will be going to be living in a small rural area for a while, hp service centre seems to be there but not the msi one. As Omega has mentioned the 5500M is better so it is the only reason to consider MSI. Budget cannot be extended unfortunately. Both are plastic builds. Is the MSI build really so bad?
In the msi one are they using m.2 2280 ssd? Is separate slot for 2.5" ssd available?
@OMEGA44-XT that lenovo laptop that we talked about in some other thread, it did come with a 2242 m.2 ssd

+ @Kaleen Bhaiya This is needed by someone who will be going to be living in a small rural area for a while, hp service centre seems to be there but not the msi one. As Omega has mentioned the 5500M is better so it is the only reason to consider MSI. Budget cannot be extended unfortunately. Both are plastic builds. Is the MSI build really so bad?
In the msi one are they using m.2 2280 ssd? Is separate slot for 2.5" ssd available?
@OMEGA44-XT that lenovo laptop that we talked about in some other thread, it did come with a 2242 m.2 ssd
Oh, you bought the Ideapad Gaming 3?

https://www.amazon.in/HP-RX5500M-Graphics-Flicker-16-e0162AX/dp/B098QBT5KT/
It is 56k now. Why not buy from amazon? Victus is better built than other 2, check its review by Jarrod Tech. Some screen wobble which people complain, but not a hinderance.

In the above scenario, I would lean towards HP just because MSI has no on-site service and its service is not known to be up-to-mark.
In an ideal scenario, I would suggest neither HP nor MSI for relative peace of mind.
My journalist friend brought an HP laptop worth 56k in Coorg which is by no means a big place. It developed problems after a year and the local HP guys started making excuses once it was submitted for repair. Long story short, my friend had to use his contacts in the police to almost threaten the HP people with a case against them for fraudulent practices before he was promised that he will get a refund. Awaiting the refund now.
I have my own story too where I used what I now know to be a defective HP laptop for 2 years before finally getting fed up and selling it off on Amazon.
P.S. I understand everyone will have their own sad stories and there will be happy HP user stories too. So, at the end of the day it is a bit like playing Russian Roulette with electronics in India. After-sales service is usually sub-par and it is a hit-or-miss scenario for the customer.

Bro did the dealer refund him? I seriously doubt that hp would refund full amount and not on pro rata basis even if a dgp called them.
So, you're a doubting Thomas. :) here you go.

P.S. It seems some people are very powerful. :) proof.jpg

the problem with MSI is that they tempt people with good specifications on their laptop but forget to mention how shit their laptop body is. the hinge placement on this laptop is so bad and to to pit off the poor plastic quality, all combined are a bad mix. I have had a bad experience with my brothers laptop. I had got him an MSI GL83 back in 2018. Always used the laptop on a table. Over the time had some issue I dunno what made the hinge portion weak which led to the plastic supporting that portion break. Ultimately we had to get the body replaced for a cost not worth it for the laptop 3 years old around the time we got the repaired. Their services with the laptop aren't satisfactory either. Better off with some other brand as at least they will help you better than MSI on any given day.

the problem with MSI is that they tempt people with good specifications on their laptop but forget to mention how shit their laptop body is. the hinge placement on this laptop is so bad and to to pit off the poor plastic quality, all combined are a bad mix. I have had a bad experience with my brothers laptop. I had got him an MSI GL83 back in 2018. Always used the laptop on a table. Over the time had some issue I dunno what made the hinge portion weak which led to the plastic supporting that portion break. Ultimately we had to get the body replaced for a cost not worth it for the laptop 3 years old around the time we got the repaired. Their services with the laptop aren't satisfactory either. Better off with some other brand as at least they will help you better than MSI on any given day.
Have not tried MSI yet but have always heard horror stories about it. I can vouch to add Harassement Packard to that list, pathetic build quality and the most pathetic customer support ever.
So, you're a doubting Thomas. :) here you go.

P.S. It seems some people are very powerful. :) View attachment 137222
HP USA refunded him, that is just next level. Did he buy from their website directly?
Yaar can he help us here

HP USA refunded him, that is just next level. Did he buy from their website directly?
Yaar can he help us here
https://techenclave.com/threads/full-form-of-hp-harassment-packard.206787
No, he brought from Amazon.
I doubt he can help you there because I believe his influence only extends to his town, or maybe he got lucky. There is no knowing which way the wind blows in such cases. I suggest you get in touch with consumer complaints and write to HP's top honchos if necessary. A ton of patience is required. In my friend's case, he persisted since 2021.

No, he brought from Amazon.
I doubt he can help you there because I believe his influence only extends to his town, or maybe he got lucky. There is no knowing which way the wind blows in such cases. I suggest you get in touch with consumer complaints and write to HP's top honchos if necessary. A ton of patience is required. In my friend's case, he persisted since 2021.
write to HP's top honchos
Any mail id with which you can help with? He got mail id of only their ceo from Google but no replies whatsoever.

I would go for hp vs msi due to after sales services but a wiser choice would be Dell.
I have a Dell i5 11 gen, rtx3050 120 hz screen. Cost is 65k.

20220705_152316.jpg

Back