Which is the best AC brand?

delhiboy1000 said:
here's my feedback.
I recently bot a Hitachi 1.5ton Window AC for 24.5k after reading up abt it in this thread.
to be frank, the airflow & cooling on this thing is PATHETIC.
even my 7-yr old Carrier wud cool the room much better than this.I called the Service helpline ; they sent an Technician asap within a couple of hrs. he came , fiddled around a bit, but in the end said that " the whole Hitachi Window AC range suffers from a serious lack of Airflow.Kab tak customer sahega?? "& the splitting of the Air Outflow duct into two ( on each side) , doesnt do one bit of good for this AC.That 19000BTU cooling & 5-star energy sticker seems to be numbers pulled out of thin Air!
Seriously, thats one more Company in India thats selling a Overpriced, much-hyped product & fleecing its customers on a pseudo-goodwill generated by PR Hype perhaps(?)
Which Hitachi model did you get and from where? Was 24.5k inclusive of installation? TIA.

Raghunandan said:
Which Hitachi model did you get and from where? Was 24.5k inclusive of installation? TIA.

i got the 1.5Ton Quadricool TM model in Delhi. installation was 500 Extra.i got it installed from the dealer, but u can also call Hitachi & they can install it for u. i guess that wud be a little better.

The plain Quadricool 1.5T was 23.5k.

@Udit: the service guy told me that Hitachi plays around with the Airflow setting with each year's model. so 6yrs bac & a different model(Logicool) wud b completely different from the present Quadricool!

amazer said:
Guys is 1 Tonn split enough to cool a 16X16 feet bedroom or shud i go in for 1.5 Tonn?

1 Ton is too small for that room.
There are ready calculators available for the size of AC you need. One is on the Samsung site.

Emil said:
1 Ton is too small for that room.
There are ready calculators available for the size of AC you need. One is on the Samsung site.

yeah 2 tonn is whats necessary for the room says the carrier guy.

he suggested me to go for either carrier durakool 2 tonn(2 star rated) or hitachi.....

im interested in general but where in hyderabad wll i get the imported units

what do you guys think is better

amazer said:
yeah 2 tonn is whats necessary for the room says the carrier guy.

he suggested me to go for either carrier durakool 2 tonn(2 star rated) or hitachi.....

im interested in general but where in hyderabad wll i get the imported units

what do you guys think is better

For some strange reason unknown to me, star ratings for 2 tonners seem to top off at 3-star.
However Toshiba has a 4 star 2 tonner. Toshiba has inverter technology for the compressor.

what brand do you guys suggest bet. LG and Samusung?

ill be getting a 1 ton and 1.5 ton.

and is there a big diff. bet 4 and 5 star?

thank you

never buy hitachi, they suck and smaller ones suck more.

bad service, engineers themselves dont understand the problem.

I wasted 40K on that shitty A/C .. then I got new samsung with greyish look ...working awesome !

go for hitachi or carrier, a bit heavier on your wallet but worth the dough, infact hitachi is dead silent.....
of course the best is O Generale....

rohitgaur said:
go for hitachi or carrier, a bit heavier on your wallet but worth the dough, infact hitachi is dead silent.....
of course the best is O Generale....
he's right o general,hitachi,and carrier are elites in cooling industry
and ya i would like to add sansui too!!

but personally i would say go for either hitachi or carrier,have heard they got decent service considering them to be an international brand

RanjithMN said:
what brand do you guys suggest bet. LG and Samusung?

ill be getting a 1 ton and 1.5 ton.

and is there a big diff. bet 4 and 5 star?

thank you

LG has a 1 ton 5-star split at around 23000. I don't think anyone else has anything in that price range. That is one secret of LG's market share. Low pricing.

Check out if the Samsung one has inverter driven compressor on the specific model. If yes, it may be a good choice.

But you must seriously consider brands like Voltas, Godrej and Onida because they give you Japanese tech at below Korean prices.

For ASS it is best to inquire in your own area.

General obviously. ~ Amazing Quality , great service , long lasting!
Daiken's not bad either. ~ Not sure about the service and the long lasting part but Quality is good as from what I have heard.

Back